Decisions, decisions..hello from Aberdeen

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
mrklunk
Current Ride: 1200GS Rallye

Decisions, decisions..hello from Aberdeen

Post by mrklunk »

Hi folks,

Looking to get a maxi scooter for city errands and B-road jaunts with my camera. I've got 2 bikes, a GS and a V7 but want the simplicity and practicality of a scooter. Really fancy a TMax or Forza 750 but given I've got a GS, makes more sense financially to get a Forza 350 or a Burgman 400. Head and heart arguing constantly. Another factor, Yamaha and Suzuki dealers 4-5 hours round trip, Honda 1 miles away. Very little used stock in Aberdeen, no chance of test rides (except maybe Honda). So I'm watching YT videos etc and would appreciate input from you experienced Maxi Scooter folks.

P.S. Kymco 400 and 550 get lots of mentions but are virtually impossible to find in Scotland. Shame.

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Re: Decisions, decisions..hello from Aberdeen

Post by wightegi »

Hi, welcome along.
I think you answered your own question ..... Honda Dealer 1 mile away ;) Get a Forza and then wonder why you need another bike .

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome. 👍

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just have to get head around that 300cc is all you need not worth going for super scoot if have a big bike as well.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Welcome along - Sagalout is spot on - why do you require such a large and powerful scooter for city errands and b road jaunts - lunacy in my opinion

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Yes as has been said - Honda every time - the Forza 350 will surprise you with its capabilities (just give yourself time to get used to the 'difference') ; and the dealer a mile away has to be a clincher!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

mrklunk

Post by mrklunk »

Thanks a lot for the input folks - I hear you about the 750! Yoy're talking sense :) Yes, the 350 will do the job nicely and save £5K. Was mainly about the rear suspension memory of my 300 Forza that put the 750 in the frame but I can upgrade that. 350's seem to be in short supply but I found a couple of demo bikes. What are your thoughts on getting a demo bike? Guess they may have been thrashed a bit during the run-in period but have heard modern engines can withstand that. Cheers

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

On another tack how about an SH125 big wheels so better on back roads and cheaper to run , or even a Vision 110 check out Scootyman on Utube for the vision .

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

My Forza is ex-demo; no problems. If you think about it, it's V difficult to run in a CVT scooter 'badly' - you can't slog the engine in a high gear, and if you open the throttle wide it more or less self-limits the revs until it catches up with itself! You'll still have the dealer warranty, anyway.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

mrklunk

Post by mrklunk »

Greyerbeard wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:13 am My Forza is ex-demo; no problems. If you think about it, it's V difficult to run in a CVT scooter 'badly' - you can't slog the engine in a high gear, and if you open the throttle wide it more or less self-limits the revs until it catches up with itself! You'll still have the dealer warranty, anyway.
Yeh, fair point. I guess the warranty starts from the date it's registered? Something to keep in mind. Haven't checked out warranty length yet, probably 2 years?