Hi All !

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
veefour57
Current Ride: Honda Silverwing 600

Hi All !

Post by veefour57 »

Put a deposit on a Honda Silverwing today so am I welcome here? :D I've been riding for 48 years (I'm ancient but still think I'm 20 !), had everything from a 50cc moped to 1300cc sportbikes but the poor old body is beginning to protest a bit so I feel it's time to put a bit of comfort in my life! Looking forward to learning from the guys and girls on here and hopefully contributing to the forum. Ride safe. ;)

Deleted User 18446

Re: Hi All !

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Hi be fine with Silverwing just don't expect to much take it easy to start with

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Sagalout wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 pm Hi be fine with Silverwing just don't expect to much take it easy to start with
Hi there! I'm not expecting superbike performance or amazing handling, been and done that :D I'm at a stage now where a bit of comfort and weather protection is more important than knee down, 180mph top speed runs! lol. From what I read on the reviews the Silverwing will cruise happily at the legal limit and it's fairly sharpish off the line with the added benefit of good luggage carrying capacity so hopefully it'll fulfil my needs. Thanks for the welcome to the forum icon_thumbs_up.gif

Deleted User 18446

I toured on a silverwing for a few years after a Vespa now to take with campervan. :D :D

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Sagalout wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:19 am I toured on a silverwing for a few years after a Vespa now to take with campervan. :D :D
How did you find it for touring? Any problems at all? The one I've bought (2009 A-7 model) has only done 10,000 miles from new and is fitted with the genuine Honda top case and the genuine heated grips. With the underseat storage I reckon it should have ample space for a week away at a time as long as I travel light! :D

Deleted User 18446

Was fine only did it solo tho with dry sac on pillion seat that was trips to the Alps and France tho sometines with camping gear .2 up be okay for weekend can also have a tunnel bag .

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome 👋

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Clive wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 am Hello & Welcome 👋
Thank you Clive! :)

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Sagalout wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:46 am Was fine only did it solo tho with dry sac on pillion seat that was trips to the Alps and France tho sometines with camping gear .2 up be okay for weekend can also have a tunnel bag .
It's very rare that my other half rides pillion these days, she'll have a run to the coast that takes half hour or so but any more than that she starts complaining of aches and pains! Plus, as I've taken early retirement and she still has 9 years left to work I reckon it'll just be me out enjoying myself :D

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find the Silverwing is well up for a bit of touring, the only real restriction is the fuel range but these days a break after 120 miles is due anyway, although you should be OK for 160 miles if you can cope with the stress of running on fumes.
Where about in the UK are you? Through the summer we do a few maxiscoot ride outs up here in North East England.