Hi All !

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Hi All !

Post by horobags »

I've had 4 silverwings, fast enough to have fun on UK roads, the handling ,,,, you will learn to love, the CVT is so smooth, the weather protection is ace.
I miss :cry: ;) mine..
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

'Through the summer we do a few maxiscoot ride outs up here in North East England.'

And very good they are, too; roll on Summer! ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

veefour57
Current Ride: Honda Silverwing 600

Post by veefour57 »

steve_h80 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 pm Welcome to the forum.

Where about in the UK are you?
Hi there, I'm in Norfolk, right on the Norfolk Broads. Thanks for the welcome!

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

horobags wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:12 pm I've had 4 silverwings, fast enough to have fun on UK roads, the handling ,,,, you will learn to love, the CVT is so smooth, the weather protection is ace.
I miss :cry: ;) mine..
Hi there! Is the handling a bit 'interesting' then? :lol: It can't be any worse than some of the stuff I've had over the years! The Kawasaki 500 triple two stroke in 1977 that had a rubber frame that tried to kill me on every corner and bend ..... the Yamaha V Max that hated corners just as much as the Kwak .....the Suzuki TL1000S, not called the widowmaker for no good reason. My God, I've bought some rubbish bikes over the years! :lol: Thanks for the welcome!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

after a H1 500 and a V-max, yes the handling is good!! :lol: I had a couple of KH 400's in the seventies, great engines but the handling :shock: !!
The silverwing is fine, once you get your head round the fact that your feet will enter the bend before your head, all will be good. :P They turn in really well, breaks are great for a heavy lump, and they hold the road well wet or dry with decent tyres. Once you accept the fact its 'not a motorbike', you will have fun and easily keep up with your mates. The only mod I ever did was to fit a Givi screen, far better than the Honda screen.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

horobags wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:58 am after a H1 500 and a V-max, yes the handling is good!! :lol: I had a couple of KH 400's in the seventies, great engines but the handling :shock: !!
The silverwing is fine, once you get your head round the fact that your feet will enter the bend before your head, all will be good. :P They turn in really well, breaks are great for a heavy lump, and they hold the road well wet or dry with decent tyres. Once you accept the fact its 'not a motorbike', you will have fun and easily keep up with your mates. The only mod I ever did was to fit a Givi screen, far better than the Honda screen.
That puts my mind at rest then, thought I might have made yet another mistake and bought another pile of crap that wouldn't corner! :lol: I still have my old FJR1300 (getting too heavy for me to lump about these days) and an old Triumph America (2003 that I've had from new) so feet forward into corners is something I'm sort of use to. I'll look into a screen swap so cheers for the advice on the Givi, every vehicle I've ever bought I swear I won't modify and I'll leave it standard. Two days into ownership and I'm out buying parts and mods! :D

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Givi adjustable screen - AF214
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Waldorf wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 pm Givi adjustable screen - AF214
Many thanks for the recommendation. I've been in two minds on whether to go tall or take the other path and try a double bubble sports screen. Has anyone on the forum tried both? :?:

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Have you a you tube channel came across one called veefour

veefour57

Post by veefour57 »

Sagalout wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:29 pm Have you a you tube channel came across one called veefour
Not me I'm afraid, I got given the handle due to owning a Yamaha V Max many moons ago. My riding buddy at the time owned a CBR1100 and had the name Straightfour! :lol: