The Vespa for picnics

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

The Vespa for picnics

Post by StephenC »

I checked. :roll: Today is NOT 1st April but maybe someone is just getting in early.

When I think of the possible advantages of going electric for scooters never did I think of this, even from Vespa. But here is a concept from them and

...... SMEG. :shock:

https://luxurylaunches.com/transport/he ... eality.php

Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: The Vespa for picnics

Post by MrGrumpy »

How sweet! If they could just publish details of their new super brand new hi-tech invisible batteries that take up no space at all, the world will be grateful!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Very sweet idea! In fact, most Vespa scooters will indeed have flat car type battery packs that fit between the floor and the underside of the bike. Currently this space is taken up with coolant hoses and other ice engine components. Those won't be needed so there is lots of scope for batteries (even very big ones) to be invisible. I can also just mention that my own GTS300ie is also suitable for picnics in something called the "countryside", as I found out a couple of years ago! Even riding across a grassy field two up was fine. :D I intend to visit the "countryside" again soon now that I know it's there.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I am not guilty your honour. Any resemblance to my name is purely coincidental.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

The 125 with the Iget engine should have bit of spare space now engine and radiator combined 😆

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

My first scooter was a Typhoon 125 and that had knobbly tyres - would have been good on grass! Well, except that the light weight and 2-stroke engine conspired to make the bloomin' thing want to wheelie all the time, so steering on soft ground could have been problematic.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Q-Ball
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Q-Ball »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:01 am How sweet! If they could just publish details of their new super brand new hi-tech invisible batteries that take up no space at all, the world will be grateful!
Solid state batteries....there are companies doing some crazy research and making car bodies the actual batteries. Not sure I would want a motorbike made this way,it would sure be a write off should you drop it.
Personally the way the price lithium is going up and the lack of it makes me think batteries as we currently know them in EV's are not the way forward.

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:01 am How sweet! If they could just publish details of their new super brand new hi-tech invisible batteries that take up no space at all, the world will be grateful!
It has a fat floor.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

That's got me thinking what other partnerships Vespa could have to use up this now possibly redundant space?

Vespa and Xbox/Playstation - open up the side to find a console and screen with a couple of wireless controllers

Vespa and Nespresso - have a little coffee machine and cups tucked away

Vespa and Dyson - no need to fetch the hoover from the house, tidy up the garage with your bike

The possibilities are endless!

iansoady
Current Ride: X-Max 250 + Norton ES2

Post by iansoady »

It does have a toaster!