Another Burgman

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
woodsy
Current Ride: Burgman 400 L0

Another Burgman

Post by woodsy »

Hi all!

Picked myself up a Burgman 400 last year for taking the hit on the commuting miles.
Proven to be nice and solid so far. Looking forward to scouring the forums for servicing tips and recommended upgrades - I'm thinking headlights first :roll:

See you around,
Chris

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Another Burgman

Post by capitano »

8-) Stay safe, Chris. Thanks for joining us.

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

Chris, regarding Headlights, when I first got my 2005-AN400 Burgman (strewth 7 years ago!), I asked the same question, and was told leave well alone,reasons given were, alternator output, plastic lenses, risk of overheating cables, now I honestly don't know how valid those reasons were.
It'll be interesting to see what up to date people are saying, cos the lights are not too special .

woodsy
Current Ride: Burgman 400 L0

Post by woodsy »

Interesting dogwheel! I can't find much information, although going LED should eliminate the any alternator or cable issue due to reduced draw.
To be honest, when I got it, it was returning to 2 wheels for the first time in about 20 years. With a few more miles under me, and the fact that the days are drawing out, it's not quite the problem I though it was going to be a few months back.
I've also left my mains on on a couple of occasions (accidentally I may add), only to realize I haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic....

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

Woodsy, that's why I was a bit "vague", when I bought the Burgman, my first scooter after a lifetime of "proper" bikes, LED headlights were not being talked about and HID ones were considered naughty, so I'm hanging about on your thread waiting to see what people have to suggest.

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome 👋

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Check the light alignment before you start spending money. I thought mine was crap but it was pointed too far down, talking to a few other people it seems to be quite common.

Denham11lax
Current Ride: Xmax 400

Xmax 400

Post by Denham11lax »

Hi all, does anyone know if the R&G tail tidy for a Xmax 300 will fit on the 400??
Thank you