new user from Istanbul

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
dkmax
Current Ride: Xmax WR250R AT

new user from Istanbul

Post by dkmax »

Hi all, Den from Istanbul calling in. Originally from London, moved to Turkey in 2001. Been riding for 35 years but relatively new to scooters, having bought an SYM HD2 last year and my current '18 Xmax 300 in March this year. I also own a '14 WR250R, which I've had from new and a '16 Africa Twin. The SYM is one of the zippiest in its class and was great to ride, but the Xmax is in a league of its own....or at least I think it is!! I just fitted some aux lights as the full beam is a joke, which is wired into an Eastern Beaver fuse block. Next to go on are heated grips, sae connection and Tucano apron but there's no rush as it's still baking hot here.

One question (for now) would anyone recommend installing rollers or a j costa variator kit in order to increase acceleration? I'm happy with it's performance, however Istanbul is full of steep hills and a little added grunt 2 up wouldn't go amiss.

Cheers!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: new user from Istanbul

Post by StephenC »

Welcome! My 2017 Xmax was bloody dangerous on unlit roads, so glad you've fixed that!

Can't help with mods, I'm afraid although anything that either aids low-rev grunt or lowers the gearing would be the way to go, I guess.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Welcome to Maxi Muppets.

dkmax
Current Ride: Xmax WR250R AT

Post by dkmax »

Hey guys thanks for the welcome!

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

dkmax wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:11 pm One question (for now) would anyone recommend installing rollers or a j costa variator kit in order to increase acceleration? I'm happy with it's performance, however Istanbul is full of steep hills and a little added grunt 2 up wouldn't go amiss.
Hi and welcome, as for your question. The expense of a JCosta kit doesn't justify the gains as you can achieve the same through using Dr Pulley sliding rollers, but only a bigger engine will truely give you more grunt :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Ian T
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350 Red - Fastest

Post by Ian T »

Welcome

Great site, so much help to me already.

Cheers

Ian

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Welcome Den - Istanbul is a place I’d love to visit - anyway I’d just keep the bike ‘stock’ - fannying about with j costa ain’t gonna make much difference