Anyone going to MotorCycle Live 2022?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Anyone going to MotorCycle Live 2022?

Post by Data »

marval wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:51 pm Well I've never missed a year (except for covid of course) for as long as I can remember. Even with online discount it's still £34 with car parking, (disabled mate). We've decided to go but take a packed lunch this time, I bought food there last year but I'm only taking 70 quid this time!
Not in the market for a bike or gear but I do enjoy the feeling of being a kid in a sweet shop 😉
Mmmm....sweets! :lol: It's seeing all those lovely shiny new bikes of all kinds that always does it for me. That & the possible engine innovations & advancements that you might see. Love to talk to any of the informed techs or factory people on their stands regarding anything new trending in engines & design. The chances of me actually buying a new bike at the moment are pretty low at my age especially as I adore the one I've already got. Although I still hanker after a new Honda 125 Cub which would sit quite nicely next to the GTS! :lol: Buying one might be forced on me depending how the old heart recovers. It's much lighter than the GTS which can have many advantages. We'll see what the new year brings!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Peanut
Current Ride: Burgman 650 Executive

Post by Peanut »

Haven’t been for years and probably won’t go again ( the last time I went it was £18 to get in and £8 parking).
I can go to a large bike dealer about 20 minutes from me, look at loads of new and used bikes and actually take the used ones for a test ride, look at lots of gear and accessories get good cheap grub in their cafe, park for free and get in for free !
Oh! And go home and if I have seen anything I particularly like , look to see if I can buy it cheaper online in the comfort of me arm chair.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Don't know if anyone actually went to this, but there was the usual highlights programme on Eurosport yesterday covering it. Seemingly lots of way over the top bikes, but of course, they barely ever mention scooters.
Was struck by the number of bright yellow bikes that manufacturers were exhibiting - are the days of only dreary black, grey or silver bikes/scoots coming to an end?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:19 am Was struck by the number of bright yellow bikes that manufacturers were exhibiting - are the days of only dreary black, grey or silver bikes/scoots coming to an end?
I hope so. Mine's orange and it's not even a KTM!!! :lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:19 am Don't know if anyone actually went to this, but there was the usual highlights programme on Eurosport yesterday covering it. Seemingly lots of way over the top bikes, but of course, they barely ever mention scooters.
Was struck by the number of bright yellow bikes that manufacturers were exhibiting - are the days of only dreary black, grey or silver bikes/scoots coming to an end?
Hi Grumpy, no I didn't go after all. Decided I wasn't feeling quite up to it yet. Need more time to recover from you know what. Really disappointed not to have gone. :(
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...