Peugeot XP400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Peugeot XP400

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:45 pm Peugeot are launching an incredibly ugly 300cc motorbike as well. Btw Peugeot (well, the 2 wheeled bit, rather than the car bit) is owned by Mahindra
:lol: I quite like that bike. The beaked headlight is a tad weird, though.

It looks fun, too.

Rather than make a 300 pretending to be a bigger bike they've taken the KTM approach of making it the physical size of a 125.

Then again, I like the retro Jawas that Mahindra produced for the Asian markets.

8-)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

me too, love Jawa's, the new models look real retro.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

It's good to see Peugeot using Mahindra's money to pick up where they left off a decade ago, making machines that might actually sell (ok, maybe not here) rather than wasting all that money on the Metropolis which was only ever going to be very niche.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 am It's good to see Peugeot using Mahindra's money to pick up where they left off a decade ago, making machines that might actually sell (ok, maybe not here) rather than wasting all that money on the Metropolis which was only ever going to be very niche.
Well - I bet they sell a lot of Metropolis's in France - the MP3 was mega succesful there I believe.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:16 am
StephenC wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 am It's good to see Peugeot using Mahindra's money to pick up where they left off a decade ago, making machines that might actually sell (ok, maybe not here) rather than wasting all that money on the Metropolis which was only ever going to be very niche.
Well - I bet they sell a lot of Metropolis's in France - the MP3 was mega succesful there I believe.
I'm sure they do and I did see a few when in Paris a couple of years ago. I just doubt that you can sell enough 7 grand scooters to keep a company afloat. Which would explain how Mahindra came to take control, I reckon.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

StephenC wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:01 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:16 am
I'm sure they do and I did see a few when in Paris a couple of years ago. I just doubt that you can sell enough 7 grand scooters to keep a company afloat. Which would explain how Mahindra came to take control, I reckon.
Last time I looked, the MP3 range had outsold the Metropolis (all models) by a factor of 12 x in the UK. I don't think that I ever knew the EU figures.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Saw this in MCN this morning. Looks nice but a big, heavy thing in line with Burger @ 230kg. For example my Forza is 185kg and that weight is noticeable as I’ve had both. 37bhp can be affected by the extra lump. However it’s a tidy bike but pricier than tried and tested Burger.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Has a price for this been announced??
The power to weight ratio - 36bhp/230kg doesn't compare very well with the Tmax - 47bhp(official)/210kg!

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Indian websites (Peugeot is owned by Mahindra) say that it's 8249euros. With the Tmax at 13000euros (or thereabouts), I guess your extra money pays for less metal?

The greasy bits are "tried and tested" from the Metropolis and Satelis 400.

EDIT - just found in Italy the two versions will be priced at 7,999 euros and 8,499 euros

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:38 am Indian websites (Peugeot is owned by Mahindra) say that it's 8249euros. With the Tmax at 13000euros (or thereabouts), I guess your extra money pays for less metal?

The greasy bits are "tried and tested" from the Metropolis and Satelis 400.

EDIT - just found in Italy the two versions will be priced at 7,999 euros and 8,499 euros
€8,000 = £7100 - last time I looked the Honda ADV350 was £5700 or something, so I think Peugeot will struggle at that price, though I guess it is more powerful.