Peugeot XP400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Peugeot XP400

Post by StephenC »

charles1976 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 am I'd be interested for sure, really floats my boat! Bmw c400gt too expensive to service, adv 350 poor stocks, burgman 400 very dated, forza 350 poor feet forward.
Kymco DT X360 for your list too?

My initial experience of the X360 is pretty good, I am only disappointed that it's lacking a bit of dashboard tech (bluetooth, trip computer functions). I imagine they'll offer the option of the high-tech screen (search for Noodoe) that other markets get, next year.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

The plastics always look low rent on kymco to me! Plus I think the peugeot blows it away

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Look at the dash on the max sym tl....very cheap plastic!! I'm amazed they've imported that and not the max sym 400

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

charles1976 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 am The plastics always look low rent on kymco to me! Plus I think the peugeot blows it away
I'm a long-time Peugeot scooter fan myself and so am really pleased that they've come back to maxis.

But in defence of the Kymco, I can't see much difference in quality between the X360 and the Forza or Xmax that I had previously. The Kymco has better foot space than either of those, much better switchgear than the Forza and waaaaay better lights and suspension than the Xmax. Mind you, the latest Xmax may change those last criticisms.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

charles1976 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:57 am Look at the dash on the max sym tl....very cheap plastic!! I'm amazed they've imported that and not the max sym 400
Not seen it in person but it looks a bit overdone to me, going by the picture on the official website.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I like the look of that as well, mind I would like to see one and sit on it. I used to like riding small country lanes which can turn into dirt tracks or in one case a army tank testing ground!. I don't really like taking the burgman down tracks like this, though the couple of times I have it's been okay. That Peugeot would be ideal, the crash bars could be handy. I like Peugeot scooters quite fancied a Satelis before I bought the Burgman but was put off by tales of unavailability of spares and dealers.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

knight2 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:20 am I like the look of that as well, mind I would like to see one and sit on it. I used to like riding small country lanes which can turn into dirt tracks or in one case a army tank testing ground!. I don't really like taking the burgman down tracks like this, though the couple of times I have it's been okay. That Peugeot would be ideal, the crash bars could be handy.
This is the big question. Living on the edge of town, I tend to ride along lots of bumpy country lanes. Whilst Tmaxs with their super-duper suspension can handle them fine, I've found that mid-sized scoots of the traditional 'scooter' rather than bike design of chassis can have real problems. The Bev 350 was harsh and difficult to ride over the bumps and uncommicative in telling what was going on with the tyres in poor conditions. The Burgman 200 was just utterly incapable of handling country lanes. Now the ADV350, whilst a swinging-engine design has very good quality suspsension, so apparently can handle country lanes OK (though of course, I haven't tried one for real to find out). This Peugeot is trying to repeat the same trick, but we will have to wait and see how it fares - ditto the Kymco XT360 and there's an Aprilia along the same lines which has just come out. Of course, dealerships count - Kymco are pretty hopeless, whilst I have a Peugeot dealer within reach who used to be pretty good when I dealt with them previously, but there's a Honda dealer 3 miles away!

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Because maxi scouts aren't big business In the UK I guess there's never going to be great dealer networks really. Pitty....anyone going to motorcycle live? I'd be interested to hear views if able to sit on a xp400

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Data wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:40 am It's MEWA Distribution UK. They took over from Three Cross. So far they are looking good.
Yep, about 2 years ago! Time flies.

Feedback is good. I'd even be confident in buying a Peugeot myself ... and I never thought I'd say that! :lol:

http://britishdealernews.co.uk/general- ... -back-game

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Peugeot are launching an incredibly ugly 300cc motorbike as well. Btw Peugeot (well, the 2 wheeled bit, rather than the car bit) is owned by Mahindra