Peugeot XP400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: Peugeot XP400

Post by Stibbs »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:27 am Has a price for this been announced??
The power to weight ratio - 36bhp/230kg doesn't compare very well with the Tmax - 47bhp(official)/210kg!
MCN quote £7250-£7350…… so yes, bit pricey..

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

My local Triumph dealer Dave Death also sells poojoes so a scoot or a T100 bonneville with 2000 miles for the same money.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

wightegi wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:48 am My local Triumph dealer Dave Death also sells poojoes so a scoot or a T100 bonneville with 2000 miles for the same money.
Fair point and the Bonneville is faster and better looking, I'll grant you. Seems to be lacking a little in storage, weather protection and modern tech (other than ABS) though. I think there's a good case for having both...
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

StephenC wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:18 am
wightegi wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:48 am My local Triumph dealer Dave Death also sells poojoes so a scoot or a T100 bonneville with 2000 miles for the same money.
Fair point and the Bonneville is faster and better looking, I'll grant you. Seems to be lacking a little in storage, weather protection and modern tech (other than ABS) though. I think there's a good case for having both...
The scary thing is they weigh about the same :?

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

wightegi wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:17 pm
Yes, you have to wonder why the Triumph is so heavy when all it is is an engine, frame and some chrome. No storage, weather protection, etc etc.

More seriously, all those scoots with 400cc class engines come out heavy, especially when compared to the 300 class that are commonplace nowadays. You only have to compare the Xmax 300 and 400, let alone the Piaggios with Quasar versus Master engines to see.

MCN Link - https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... eot-xp400/

wightegi

Post by wightegi »

Ok the Bonneville is 18 kg less , I like the look of the white gt scoot but the 300 Xmax would be better , the dealer is also a Yamaha dealer but it is a mile from me. :roll:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Quck thread resurection!
Came across this video review of the XP400 - its all in Czech (not even subtitles), so not especially useful, but from around 13:00 onwards, he rides it along some muddy rough looking farm tracks at a pace - if I was mad enough to tackle on my Tmax, I wouldn't dare go over walking pace - and I'm sure that would be unpleasant and scary! So maybe its Adventure credentials aren't totally a figment of the PR people's imagination!

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

There's not much room between tyre and mudguard to clear much mud. It'd have to be dry adventuring only!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

StephenC wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 am
wightegi wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:17 pm

Yes, you have to wonder why the Triumph is so heavy when all it is is an engine, frame and some chrome. No storage, weather protection, etc etc.

More seriously, all those scoots with 400cc class engines come out heavy, especially when compared to the 300 class that are commonplace nowadays. You only have to compare the Xmax 300 and 400, let alone the Piaggios with Quasar versus Master engines to see.

MCN Link - https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... eot-xp400/
The Triumph engine is massively heavy. That's where most of the weight is. I've stripped a couple of the modern Bonnie's. Trust me, heavy heavy heavy!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Whether it's any good off road or not, it's nice to see Peugeot selling larger capacity scoots again. I always found their larger models to be well thought out with rider convenience and practicality in mind. I know others disagree and see Pugs only as Speedfarts or Chinese Junks, but I've had half a dozen Elystar and Satelis and do miss them.