Winter!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Winter!

Post by MrGrumpy »

Recent Suzukis mostly have the mild hybrid system, which might give more low speed grunt.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I've not been out on my Burgman since the middle of November. Had to have a heart valve replaced (aortic valve) and have only started her up to charge the battery. It's now 6 weeks since the op. but will give it a few more weeks as I still have chest pains just walking around and don't want to undo the healing process.
Driving's no problem just a little painful putting my seat belt on. I was surprised to see how many other muppets have heart problems on some of the other threads.
Well at least the weather's rubbish so not wasting any nice sunny days!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Hi 2wheelover51. Yes, there are a few of us! On a recent rideout we stopped for tea & cake. Of those of us around the table 3 out of the 4 of us had heart issues! Glad you are recovering though. In the Acute Cardiac Unit where I was looked after just before Xmas there were several folks about to have the same op as you. I've kept in touch with them & they all seem to be doing fine. It's kinda routine these days & with lots of different ways to replace the main valve as you will know. As an engineer I was totally fascinated to hear how they can do these things.

As a non medical person I was able to give the doctors advice on how to do a better job!! As we all know, doctors love to be told how to do their jobs... :o :lol: keep going 2wheels. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Getting cold and snowy again next week.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Chris, that's a bummer! Hoping to ride out a bit more to see how I get on. Did go out on the GTS today to deliver stuff & covered 42 mike's in total, filled up with some Shell E10 & worked out that my mpg's from the last tank came out to 85.5mpg. Felt tired at the end of it but getting stronger by the day now. Will see you soon.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

After a few months of winter commuting on the Tmax with the modification I made to my seat with a 2-stage heated pad, I can now confidently state it is an absolute game changer for less than £40. I ride in kevlar jeans most days under the termoscud and the heat pad is roasting on high setting within five minutes and then when switched to the low setting it just simmers away and keep the cold chill off my backside.
Bike is now temporarily coming off the road tomorrow for a new set of Michelin Pilot road 4 Scooter tyres as the front is now as bald as Yul Brynner in the King & I and the rear isn't much better.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Pukmeister wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:11 am
Bike is now temporarily coming off the road tomorrow for a new set of Michelin Pilot road 4 Scooter tyres as the front is now as bald as Yul Brynner in the King & I and the rear isn't much better.
Like to see that you get your money's worth out of a set of tyres! The Tmax seems unique in wearing the front out before the rear.

Pukmeister
Benefactor

Post by Pukmeister »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am
Like to see that you get your money's worth out of a set of tyres! The Tmax seems unique in wearing the front out before the rear.
I can't complain to be fair, my scoot is used as my daily transport year-round and I seem to need a set of new tyres every other year. I love the Michelin Pilot Road 4 Scooter this is my third set, its a great tyre on the Tmax.

I did get through the front tyre sooner than the second rear tyre and it was worn down to the core on the right hand side and had an irregular profile. Usually on my bikes I change two rears and the front probably still has 1k left in it. This time the front was shredded and the rear had another 1-2k left (although it got changed anyway).

This mornings commute was a bit weird, new smooth shiny tyres on dark wet roads. Can't wait to scrub them in properly so I can lean the thing with confidence again.

Next on the list is a set of new EBC SFA252HH front pads. I would run Bendix MRR compound pads if I could find any: although a trackday/fast road pad I ran them on my R1 and they were incredible even when cold with great feel and initial bite and lots of stopping power.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am
Does it have Traction Control? I wonder if that might make a difference?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Pukmeister
Benefactor

Post by Pukmeister »

StephenC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:26 am Does it have Traction Control? I wonder if that might make a difference?
Yes, sort of................ its called going easy with the throttle twist grip on my Mk 3 Tmax the old school way.

Not something I'm too good at to be honest, if the power is there I'm probably gonna use it.

I'm not a fan of bells and whistles.

My BMW R1250GSA has rider modes, but I leave it in full-fat mode (Dynamic Pro).