Winter!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Winter!

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:26 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am

Like to see that you get your money's worth out of a set of tyres! The Tmax seems unique in wearing the front out before the rear.
Does it have Traction Control? I wonder if that might make a difference?
Yes, mk6s from 2017 onwards have TC, but previous Tmaxs from mk4 (2012) onwards without TC seem to have had the same trait. I think the very early ones wore the rear out before the front, slightly. One theory is that the weight distribution on a Tmax is closer to a bike in being relatively even, rather than a 'normal' scoot which has rather more weight on the rear. This might mean that the Tmax loads up its front tyre rather more than the manufacturers of 'scooter' tyres expect. Of course, this is probably BS - given the number of Tmaxs and Tmax clones around, you'd have thought that Michelin or Bridgestone would have developed a suitable tyre, but I guess if the current tyres wear out quickly, then thats just more money for them!

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Re: Winter!

Post by Pukmeister »

Its probably my riding style, I don't hang about and I do tend to throw it into corners at speed and trust the front tyre to do its thing. It is quite a nose-heavy bike, as noticed whenever jacking the bike under the front of the engine to remove the front wheel.