Tmax 530 DX for taller riders, how's the legroom?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Re: Tmax 530 DX for taller riders, how's the legroom?

Post by Taipan »

Ended up buying a ex demo 560 Tech Max. Very pleased with it, but I would like the bars a bit higher. Does anyone on here use bar risers on this model?

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

I hope the later Tmax is a big improvement in legroom, my Mk 3 is okay but could do with a touch more (I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam). I wish it had the option for bar risers, the riding position is a bit 'hunched'.

I notice the comments about the Mk3 radiator, mine is pretty badly fouled and needs either removing and a soak/blast through or else replacing (Chinese copy ??). A job for springtime when things warm up a bit.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah, the mk3 was unique in its riding position compared to other Tmaxs - great for people of average size, awful for tall people My mk6 is much roomier.
I have a Chinese radiator on my mk3 (and had one on my mk4). A fraction of the Yamaha price. My workshop informed me that manufacturing quality of the Chinese version is fine, though there is always a bit of fettling to make it fit properly - eg the one on my mk3 had two drain holes for no apparent reason, so an extra drain plug had to be sourced.