Bargain T-Max

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Bargain T-Max

Post by Greyerbeard »

This may interest someone! (The first item)
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... -discounts
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Bargain T-Max

Post by MrGrumpy »

Looks good bargain on the surface, though I presume its a mk7 rather than the current mk8, though I'm always suspicious of these deals - you ring up and they've always just been sold....

Betty
Current Ride: Tmax 530 DX

Post by Betty »

Probably a 2k admin fee :mrgreen:
Betty the Scoot

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

There's a few about. Just bagged an ex-demo 560 Tech Max from Alford Bros for £10.3k. WIgan Yamaha and CMC had a few too but the delivery charges killed it for me. Plus Alfords were better on the px price on my MT09 than anyone else.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 am There's a few about. Just bagged an ex-demo 560 Tech Max from Alford Bros for £10.3k. WIgan Yamaha and CMC had a few too but the delivery charges killed it for me. Plus Alfords were better on the px price on my MT09 than anyone else.
Congrats! Now you'll see if you fit on it!! Should be OK....! Wigan Yamaha (and the group they are part of ) are very good at the 'Bargain' Tmax which 'has just been sold but we can do you a very good deal on a new one' sales technique. Its how I got my mk6.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Went to Wigan Yamaha to try the TMax as a Burgman replacement. Five minutes of bike shuffling to get one out , then tried sitting on one. Not a chance, tiptoes at best.

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Bargain Tmax? Isn't that an Oxymoron ??

They aren't cheap, but they are good.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 am There's a few about. Just bagged an ex-demo 560 Tech Max from Alford Bros for £10.3k. WIgan Yamaha and CMC had a few too but the delivery charges killed it for me. Plus Alfords were better on the px price on my MT09 than anyone else.
Congrats! Now you'll see if you fit on it!! Should be OK....! Wigan Yamaha (and the group they are part of ) are very good at the 'Bargain' Tmax which 'has just been sold but we can do you a very good deal on a new one' sales technique. Its how I got my mk6.
I'm okay with the riding position, but i would still like a bit more leg room. That said, the feet forward or flat on the boards works well for me. As dogsbody says, with the wide seat its a real reach to the floor. I imagine its a deal breaker for a lot of people! Not had much use of the new bike yet, but it'll be in daily use from Tuesday next week and I look forward to using it.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I don't find a problem reaching the floor (I guess I must tilt it over without thinking about it), but getting on the damn thing can be a hassle as the step-thru is now somewhat higher than it used to be! And I think its even worse on the very newest model!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:15 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 am
I'm okay with the riding position, but i would still like a bit more leg room. That said, the feet forward or flat on the boards works well for me. As dogsbody says, with the wide seat its a real reach to the floor. I imagine its a deal breaker for a lot of people! Not had much use of the new bike yet, but it'll be in daily use from Tuesday next week and I look forward to using it.
It didn't last long. I was just too cramped on it and could hit my knees with the bars on full lock which was a bit awkward to say the least. I also found it very vibey? Apparently "They are all like that Sir", but the combo of the two saw it being sold.