Part ex deal on my Piaggio BV350 ST

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Part ex deal on my Piaggio BV350 ST

Post by Dave Weller »

The CBF1000, very popular with fellow members of the Honda Owners Club, many having ungraded from a CBF600, some have said it was a bad move, they wished they stayed with a 600. the bike is more difficult to work on and is heavyer to move around.
I would go for a fuel injected CBF600, I had a carbed 600 and thought the Injected model would be about perfect.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Just an update. Went out on the CBF yesterday. Worst test ride ever. It was in and around Shipley and in the 20 min were were allowed I just couldnt find anywhere to open the thing up. Everywhere was a 40 mph limit max and the one road I had earmarked up over the moors was shut. It was ok though and considering I had not ridden a manual bike for 15+ years I did alright. My wife however reckoned she wasnt so keen on the pillion compared to the BV350. The top box was too far forward and she struggled to get hold of the grab handles. She also found the seat a bit hard.

Ive slept on it and I reckon Ive gone off the idea a bit. Whilst the CBF would be great for heading over to the lakes or down a motorway at warp speed or maybe clocking up 200 miles in an afternoon from A to B I bought the BV350 for arsing about in the Dales mainly where I live. I think the CBF will be a handful for that especially on the narrow lanes. I guess Ive also just got used to loving the automatic. Plus swapping a 2014 bike for a 2008 or 2009 seems a bit of a step backwards.

For now, the idea is parked.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

[quote=Bingo post_id=309725 time=1675155833 user_id=1838

Ive slept on it and I reckon Ive gone off the idea a bit.

For now, the idea is parked.
[/quote]

Ah...didn't realise you could sleep on the CBF1000! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, you don't want to buy the wrong thing....sometimes you just feel something is right for you, and sometimes you know it just isn't - even though it ought to be. I guess there's no rush....the Bev will probably keep you pootling round the dales for a while longer!
Maybe if you'd ridden the CBF in the summer you'd feel different, but 20 mins is a short ride! When I test rode the X-ADV, I rode it from the Honda garage in Newcastle. Even though I had an hour or so, and Newcastle is a relatively small major city, it still wasn't easy to get far enough out of town to really try it, and I couldn't get to any decent twisties to explore the handling properly.
In the end, test rides and drives may tell you less than you expect - you mainly learn that you what you are driving is different to your current vehicle! I remember test driving the first Ford Focus, and thought it was OK and bought one, then instantly hating everything about it!

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Yep its a tough one. If the truth be known I think I just wanted something faster and a bit more "bikery" looking. The trouble with that is Im not 19 anymore, my knees are shot and I suspect my riding abilities and reactions are not what they once were but my desire to ring the neck of whatever I ride or drive has never left me. Maybe it would have been a recipe for disaster. At least with the Bev I can ring its neck around the dales with maybe less of a chance of killing myself or loosing my licence. I maybe should just stick to the Honda Vision. I have a totally different laid back attitude riding that as its pointless trying to race anybody on it. Maybe the odd mobility scooter.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

Bingo, for what it's worth I think you made the right decision. Before I bought the Burgman after eleven years on a 700 Deauville I considered buying a XJR 1300 looked at a couple and then had think about why we sold the last one. Riding a big naked bike long distances was knackering we'd both get off acheing and struggling to walk properly, decided I like my comfort and my driving licence too much. Like you say it would have been an older bike and it does feel like a step backwards. So just over a year ago I bought the 650 burgman and don't regret it at all.
Your right Shipley is not a good place for a test ride the traffic around there and Saltaire is dire and I'm used to city traffic.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

knight2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:29 pm Bingo, for what it's worth I think you made the right decision. Before I bought the Burgman after eleven years on a 700 Deauville I considered buying a XJR 1300 looked at a couple and then had think about why we sold the last one. Riding a big naked bike long distances was knackering we'd both get off acheing and struggling to walk properly, decided I like my comfort and my driving licence too much. Like you say it would have been an older bike and it does feel like a step backwards. So just over a year ago I bought the 650 burgman and don't regret it at all.
Your right Shipley is not a good place for a test ride the traffic around there and Saltaire is dire and I'm used to city traffic.
Thanks. I think so. I may progress to something else at a later stage but it will require a lot more money. Thats not a problem for me but it is for Mrs Bingo. :cry: I really like the Kimco AK 550 but they are so rare here and a lot of lolly for a scooter thats maybe 15 hp or so more than the one I have. Earlier I was thinking I would like a Trail bike or road legal crosser like I had in my teens. :D Its all so confusing. :lol:

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Just an update. I tried three bikes. The CBF1000, a CB650F and today a Vstrom 650 XT (2017). The Vstrom was the Goldilocks of the three and I loved it so Ive bought it. Felt just right really.

So sadly the Piaggio BV350 ST will have to go. Is it worth advertising it on here. I reckon ill be looking for around £2500ono.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Great news Bingo. You'll love the Strom 650. They are far superior to the 1000cc Vstrom that I had. The gearbox on the 650 is far superior & smoother than the 1000. It won't eat chains & sprockets quite so fast as the 1000cc bike either. The motors are far sweeter & smoother. Great buy! Let us all know what you think of it once you've had her a while. Dunno where the best place to sell your other bike is, sorry!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

£2500 seems a good price.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125