Part ex deal on my Piaggio BV350 ST

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Part ex deal on my Piaggio BV350 ST

Post by Bingo »

Im thinking of parting with my 2014 Piaggio BV350. I bought it in May 2021 and its been a great bike but I fancy a change. Its in great condition with a Leo Vince exhaust and Oxford heated grips. Im thinking of going back to a motorbike and have seen a CBF1000 at a Honda dealer. The part ex they are offering me on the Piaggio is £1800. I think I paid £3600 at a dealer in 2021. The BV has about 12000 miles on it. I know the dealer has to make a profit but is it worth me sticking out for a bit more private? Im really not sure what it would fetch in a private sale. Any ideas? Anyone interested? Im in North Yorkshire in the UK.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Part ex deal on my Piaggio BV350 ST

Post by knight2 »

There are pro's and con's which ever way you go as I'm sure you know. I find a dealer will give between £800 and £1000 of what they hope to sell it for, I've no idea what your BV is worth but it's worth finding out and seeing if you could sqeeze a bit more out of them. You never know if they got a good deal on the Honda they might have some wriggle room. It saves the hassle you can get selling private, having said that when I have sold bikes private my experience has been mostly good, but that was a long time ago before the days of ebay.
By the way where was the photo taken I know the Dales fairley well but don't recognise it.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

When I sold my Bev, I put it on ebay, and within hours several dealers contacted me anxious to give me cash for it (off ebay, of course). One guy from East London came all the way to Teesside to get it the next day. Can't remember exactly how much cash he gave me, but I think it was somewhat less than the £1800 your dealer is offering. I wasn't that bothered - I wanted rid ASAP! There was a big demand for scoots at the time - I assume the market is still fairly strong, though I don't know.
My initial thought is that the £1800 you've been offered is probably a decent deal, though of course, when you are PXing, there are two parts to any deal, and some dealers give you a big PX offer, but screw you on your new purchase! Is that with Vertu at Stockton? I've never dealt with them so I don't know how they play things. Tillstons were miserable wotsits who lowballed everyone.
At the end of the day, there is nothing to stop you exploring the market via ebay, though of course this has its hassles with fraudsters, idiots & other assorted time wasters. If you want hassle free, I'd take the PX deal - I don't think its bad.
Why you should want a CBF1000 I can't imagine!!!!

velocipede6295
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by velocipede6295 »

Bingo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:07 am Im thinking of parting with my 2014 Piaggio BV350. I bought it in May 2021 and its been a great bike but I fancy a change. Its in great condition with a Leo Vince exhaust and Oxford heated grips. Im thinking of going back to a motorbike and have seen a CBF1000 at a Honda dealer. The part ex they are offering me on the Piaggio is £1800. I think I paid £3600 at a dealer in 2021. The BV has about 12000 miles on it. I know the dealer has to make a profit but is it worth me sticking out for a bit more private? Im really not sure what it would fetch in a private sale. Any ideas? Anyone interested? Im in North Yorkshire in the UK.

" The Bike Market " quotes for a 2014 model with 12k miles on the clock are - Retail Price £2900, Private sale price £2300, Part exchange price to dealer £2050. Selling private at this time of year may take time, and the private price is not very much above the part ex price. I would try and push the dealer to £2000 and part ex it for convenience and speed of deal. Dealers do have to make a profit, but it will be galling to see them advertising it for a grand more than they gave you! You can get more selling private but it can sometimes take time, and you may miss the bike you want to buy.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Seeing that makes me miss my old BV125 that I got way back in 2003. I think you could put up for sale privately for £3000 and get maybe £2700-2900.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Thanks for the replies. That photo was taken at the top of the Kirkstone Pass in the Lake District. Ullswater is a about 45-50 min from here.

I could hang onto it and see if I could sell it private for more but then ill have three bikes and there is only room for two in the garage although I have a cover for the Bev so it could sit outside until its sold. To be honest I just fancy a change. I like the BV but Ive got a bit bored of it and I fancy going back to a big bike for a change and maybe stretch its legs a bit further. Ive not even ridden the CBF yet so might hate it but Ive sat on one and it felt right.

I wonder if there is any chance of selling it on here? Its entire history is on this forum I guess. Nothing to hide.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:49 am When I sold my Bev, I put it on ebay, and within hours several dealers contacted me anxious to give me cash for it (off ebay, of course). One guy from East London came all the way to Teesside to get it the next day. Can't remember exactly how much cash he gave me, but I think it was somewhat less than the £1800 your dealer is offering. I wasn't that bothered - I wanted rid ASAP! There was a big demand for scoots at the time - I assume the market is still fairly strong, though I don't know.
My initial thought is that the £1800 you've been offered is probably a decent deal, though of course, when you are PXing, there are two parts to any deal, and some dealers give you a big PX offer, but screw you on your new purchase! Is that with Vertu at Stockton? I've never dealt with them so I don't know how they play things. Tillstons were miserable wotsits who lowballed everyone.
At the end of the day, there is nothing to stop you exploring the market via ebay, though of course this has its hassles with fraudsters, idiots & other assorted time wasters. If you want hassle free, I'd take the PX deal - I don't think its bad.
Why you should want a CBF1000 I can't imagine!!!!
Its Craigs Honda in Shipley. The bike seems a good price though so maybe thats why the part ex is perhaps £200 low. I could haggle a but but I already negotiated a top box.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

Kirkstone, very nice haven't been for a couple of years have to put it on a to do list for this summer. Planning on visiting the Roman fort on Hardknott some time this summer, meant to last year but never got around to it.
Never ridden a CBF 1000 but usually like big fours, A mate of mine sold his silverwing for one but didn't keep it, just couldn't take to it, but he's not one for big bikes.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Probably about right on the px/private values. Is the cbf a good deal as at the end of the day it's all about cost to change.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

mottza wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:20 pm Probably about right on the px/private values. Is the cbf a good deal as at the end of the day it's all about cost to change.
Sounds good to me. this is it. https://www.craigshonda.com/used-bikes/ ... 143974.htm

As said, it might not be for me but before I end up totally crippled I fancy a big bike again.