Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Post by Sylar »

My cruisym 300 is coming up for five years old now. I have 54,300km on it, and although i think it is one of the best bikes i have ever had, i tend to keep bikes until no one will part ex, because my high mileages. Now, looking at prices, a new Cruisym is roughly the same price as new Forza 350. As I still have my Silverwing 600, and iam getting on a bit now, i don't really want three bikes. I have looked at the Forza and i don't like the keyless ignition, i don't like the indicators being on the mirrors. And My nearest Honda dealer is some distance away, although i still do my own maintainance ie oil changes , belt change rollers etc . If i could part ex my Silverwing for a Forza i might do that,but again my Silverwing has 55,000miles on it and is nine years old. I don't need to part ex financially, i could just buy one. Any suggestios?

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Post by Greyerbeard »

All I can say is, the Forza 350 is a good all-purpose bike - more than quick enough for UK roads, good handling, economical, plenty of storage etc.
Prob won't be as comfortable as the Silverwing; no idea about the Cruisym.
Keyless ignition is absolutely fine.
Indicators in mirrors, why not?
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

No, definitey not as comfortable as the Silverwing but that's comparatively-speaking; I've done several trips of 150 - 200 miles in a day with no ill-effects on my aging body.
I have only one regret about replacing my Silverwing with a Forza 350 and that's not being able to tell the nay-sayers that my Maxi will do 115 MPH! 😉
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Another Cruisym or, a Forza?O

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sym make great scoots, but (like Kymco), my concern would be the level of support from suspect importer and patchy dealer network, plus availability of spares as time goes on. There are dozens of 300cc scoots around - too many to list, including new Chinese ones. 300cc scoots certainly have enough punch to get you anywhere you want though of course their chassis engineering is a bit basic. I think keyless ignition is pretty well standard these days - even the cheapest Chinese sh... has this sort of gizmo as standard!

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I find the Forza less impressive than most people on the forum; buffeting when cruising in part-crosswinds, hard work in town traffic, especially two up. My Airhawk is essential too. I found it disappointing that the engine mapping and buffeting mean it wants to cruise between 65-70 mph, unlike my SH300, which wants to go full throttle on the open road.

On the plus side, service intervals are long (10K or one year), handling is good and fuel consumption is averaging 76 mpg (but can do 90+ if riding for economy).

If Honda built the SH350 with integral panniers I'd change in a flash!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Personally, I am toying with going in the 300cc direction as having two Tmaxs is way over the top for most of my needs. I'd consider the recent rash of 'Adventure' 300 scoots like the ADV350 and the Peugeot that was announced recently, as they might be better on the rougher rural roads that I often use. There again, the supreme effectiveness of the Tmax chassis and suspension is the reason I'm reluctant to trade one of them in!

velocipede6295
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by velocipede6295 »

Greyerbeard wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:15 am All I can say is, the Forza 350 is a good all-purpose bike - more than quick enough for UK roads, good handling, economical, plenty of storage etc.
Prob won't be as comfortable as the Silverwing; no idea about the Cruisym.
Keyless ignition is absolutely fine.
Indicators in mirrors, why not?
While I like my Forza 300, the indicators in the mirrors is not a good idea to me, whilst the fact that are lit all the time even when not indicating, make me more visible to other drivers, some drivers are not always observant when it comes to motorcycles and scooters, and some do not look properly to their right when coming out of a junction, and do not always fully register approaching motorcycles / scooters. I feel that the illuminated orange left indicator of an approaching scooter seen by a car driver, waiting to emerge from a junction, when the scooter is quite close to a the car, may mislead that driver to think the scooter is turning left, before it reaches the car, when in fact the rider is going straight on - and could encourage the driver to pull out in front of the scooter.
I don't dislike the position of the indicators in the mirrors, its the fact that they stay on all the time, apart from when they are actually flashing. The indicators should be off unless you are signalling to turn/ change position on the road. They could be misleading and put the rider in danger.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Interesting the service intervals on the Forza, on the Cruisym servicing is every five thousand Kilometers, On the Silverwing it is eight thousand Miles. I have been more than happy with the Cruisym, everything seems to fit, hadlebars, seating, brakes all just slide into place. As i said i do my own servicing and oil changes and even belt and roller changes are easy and straight foward. Moto gb the main agent (in Bolton) have always been pleasant and helpful, The only thing i do not care for on the Sym are the twenty four hour clock and main mileage dial in Kilometers. I usually get ninety four miles to the Gallon using E5 fuel. I have to go through gates into my garage so mirrors that fold in (as the Cruisym's do) and not wanting to damage indicators is why i don't want indicators on the mirrors.

Greyerbeard

Post by Greyerbeard »

Sylar wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 pm I have to go through gates into my garage so mirrors that fold in (as the Cruisym's do) and not wanting to damage indicators is why i don't want indicators on the mirrors.
The mirrors fold on the Forza 350
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2021 Honda Forza 350

Greyerbeard

Post by Greyerbeard »

velocipede6295 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:37 am
I don't dislike the position of the indicators in the mirrors, its the fact that they stay on all the time, apart from when they are actually flashing. The indicators should be off unless you are signalling to turn/ change position on the road. They could be misleading and put the rider in danger.
Hmmm - think I'd have to beg to disagree there! ANYthing that makes you more visible has to be a good thing, surely? And I get the distinct impression that other road users are more aware of the bike with those running lights.
Mind you it may also be because the bike is white; my helmet is white with a camera on it; and I wear a dayglo vest... :lol:

And having said all that, if they don't look they won't see you anyway, as I discovered 15 months ago when my first Forza 350 wrote off a Fiesta when the old fool of a driver did a u-turn as I approached at 30 - strong little beast the Forza; it was written off as well but it protected my left leg and hip...
(Oh and the mirrors/indicators survived intact ;-) !)
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2021 Honda Forza 350