Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Post by StephenC »

I'm enjoying my Kymco DT X360. Can recommend it as long as you aren't fussed by lack of Bluetooth and trip computer.

The new Xmax may also be worth a look as I think they have fixed the previously pathetic headlamps. If they have and also tweaked the rear suspension, it should be a strong contender.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I love the extra power of the silverwing but it's lardy for town riding.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Regarding the 350 mirrors:
I noticed a while ago that new cars are fitted with a system which switches left- and-right-hand fog lights on and off in company with the indicators. I looked it up and it's legal although confusing.
I don't think the operation of the Forza indicators is what I'd really like but I suppose it's what's called Progress.
Incidentally, Piaggio X9s had indicators in the mirrors nearly 20 years ago so it's not new.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

velocipede6295 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:37 am
Greyerbeard wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:15 am All I can say is, the Forza 350 is a good all-purpose bike - more than quick enough for UK roads, good handling, economical, plenty of storage etc.
Prob won't be as comfortable as the Silverwing; no idea about the Cruisym.
Keyless ignition is absolutely fine.
Indicators in mirrors, why not?
While I like my Forza 300, the indicators in the mirrors is not a good idea to me, whilst the fact that are lit all the time even when not indicating, make me more visible to other drivers, some drivers are not always observant when it comes to motorcycles and scooters, and some do not look properly to their right when coming out of a junction, and do not always fully register approaching motorcycles / scooters. I feel that the illuminated orange left indicator of an approaching scooter seen by a car driver, waiting to emerge from a junction, when the scooter is quite close to a the car, may mislead that driver to think the scooter is turning left, before it reaches the car, when in fact the rider is going straight on - and could encourage the driver to pull out in front of the scooter.
I don't dislike the position of the indicators in the mirrors, its the fact that they stay on all the time, apart from when they are actually flashing. The indicators should be off unless you are signalling to turn/ change position on the road. They could be misleading and put the rider in danger.
I couldn't agree more, the indicators should be off unless they are being used. Working on the idea that your average driver is trying to get from A to B useing as less brain power as possible a quick glance at a indicator that is on it will be assumed without further considration that the scooter is turning. There are plenty of things you can do to make yourself more visible.

velocipede6295
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by velocipede6295 »

Waldorf wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:54 am Regarding the 350 mirrors:
I noticed a while ago that new cars are fitted with a system which switches left- and-right-hand fog lights on and off in company with the indicators. I looked it up and it's legal although confusing.
I don't think the operation of the Forza indicators is what I'd really like but I suppose it's what's called Progress.
Incidentally, Piaggio X9s had indicators in the mirrors nearly 20 years ago so it's not new.

I agree, it's not new, I had Piaggio X9 500, twenty years ago, and it had indicators in the mirrors, but they only flashed when you indicated, and did not stay on all the time, which can mislead inattentive drivers as to your intended movement

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

I fitted SL indicators as the holes were there covered by grills and used the lights in the mirrors as running-lights.
Had to slightly modify the bulb-holders to take clear bulbs.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I decided the Silverwing 600 was too heavy for me now. I already have my Cruisym300 which i like very much , in order to get a decent price for my Silverwing i decided too look at the Honda forza 350. I visited my nearest Honda dealer, and looked at a couple of Forza's. They were prepared to take my Silverwing in part ex( though as, usual they were unhappy about the 46,678 miles on the clock). However, it did count for something that i was the original owner and had the service book, again, all services and belt changes, done by me. I placed an order for a Forza. A couple of weeks before they can get it ready. On speaking to the service dept chap i asked how much was servicing the Forza, first service One hundred pounds. Changing belt and rollers two hundred and fifty pounds. I have not used a dealer to service any bike, since i had a 250 Silver Dream in the eighties. As my Silverwing is eight years old and at the mileage, obviously i have changed the belt and fittted Dr Pulley sliders as well as the regular servicing. He said it has a lifetime Warranty provided it is always serviced by Honda. That lifetime Warranty seems pretty expensive to me. I once had a Discussion about the Honda Warranty, it stated it must be serviced by"a competent person" not honda, not qualified mechanic just competant person. I have never had to make any claim on a Warranty, but i would argue, that with over sixty years of riding and maintaing bikes iam a " competant person"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

'I decided the Silverwing 600 was too heavy for me now.'

That's precisely why I sold my Silverwing and bought a 350 Forza.
No regrets.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Both the Cruisym and Forza are good scooters - have you considered the Honda sh350i with a totally flat floor - so easy to mount and dismount and a fantastic all round machine

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I have been told i can collect my New Forza 350 on 24/03/23. I rang my Insurance Comp ( Hastings).My ins renewal is in July. For changing from the Silverwing to the Forza £53-33. Till renewal in july. I suppose that is reasonable. I will have the chance to compare the Forza to my Cruisym 300, as i will be riding both in turn.