leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Post by Bingo »

Data wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:32 am
Bingo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:37 am
roadster wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:03 am There are plenty of generic devices available on Ebay you just need to have a general measure up to see what will ft and whether it needs to be straight or curved. There will almost certainly be a hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe and it may even have a weld-nut behind it already. Usually there is no need to drill out the pop rivets but occasionally the outer black bit needs to be removed to get better access.

For example
(Click to enlarge)
All the ones that come up when you google Leo Vince L SBK DB killer seem to be curved a the top. The generic ones for a fiver on Ebay seem to be straight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1862810521

I dont think I would be too happy or confident in getting a generic one to fit. Could it not cause problems? Still no reply from Leo Vince.

Its not a massive issue but it is loud.
If possible get the right part directly from Leo Vince. You may only get a minor performance boost with the original baffle fitted. Generic ones may not have the desired effect.
I reckon so. Not heard back from them yet though.

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

Did you try phoning them ? 01706 212102.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

wightegi wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:32 am Did you try phoning them ? 01706 212102.
Doh! No. :D I thought they were in the US so just sent an email. Will give them a call.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

wightegi wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:32 am Did you try phoning them ? 01706 212102.
Spoke to a guy called Bob who was helpful although he seemed to think the exhaust for my bike should be black. Ive emailed him a photo.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

These days I don't usually bother but I used to enjoy experimenting with different baffles to find the balance between noise and performance. The basic first step is to simply have an outlet pipe which matches the original silencers diameter. There is a big mythology about exhausts which suggests that bigger diameter equals better performance but often that is just not true - especially with modern scooter engines. The (only?) real benefits of aftermarket exhausts are a reduction in weight, arguably a more interesting sound, and better appearance.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

roadster wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:23 am These days I don't usually bother but I used to enjoy experimenting with different baffles to find the balance between noise and performance. The basic first step is to simply have an outlet pipe which matches the original silencers diameter. There is a big mythology about exhausts which suggests that bigger diameter equals better performance but often that is just not true - especially with modern scooter engines. The (only?) real benefits of aftermarket exhausts are a reduction in weight, arguably a more interesting sound, and better appearance.
Spot on roadster!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I very vaguely seem to remember back in the mid sixties making our baffles out of copper pipe, in the days of two strokes of course. I have no recollection of how successful it was, but I would guess not very.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Sounds like a Manx Norton on full chat.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Thanks for the replies. I am still not getting notifications by email from this site so have to remember to come back and check for replies.

Never heard anything back from Leo Vince in the states or the UK dealer after I sent them a photo so kind of back to square one really.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

In my experience they take a while to get back to you Bingo. Won't hurt to give them a prod though!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...