leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Post by Bingo »

Data wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:34 am In my experience they take a while to get back to you Bingo. Won't hurt to give them a prod though!
I chased them up and got a really helpful Lady called Carol who I have been passing more photos to. On closer inspection it looks like there is already a DB Killer in there already. However she also thinks this is the wrong exhaust for my Beverly 350 and she thinks its too short. She took the model numbers of the metal ring which are SGI e13 0429 0430

She thinks though that there should also be a further DB Killer like a disk in the inlet where the can is attached. This is what she wrote to me in an email. "I’ve attached the schematic I was talking about showing the additional db killer that fits between the connecting pipe and the inlet of the silencer (NO.57). It’s available for £17.50 plus delivery. Alternatively there is a ‘disc’ that I can send in the post. Either would probably mean that the bike may run differently, and the length of your silencer cold determine which is best. Take your silencer length measurement from rivet band to rivet band, and also check the the inlet on your silencer is 50mm if you want to go any further."

Couple more pics and the schematic. Now Im really confused. I wonder if I would be better just sourcing an original exhaust.

This is the schematic but I think its for a different exhaust. Not sure which is the inlet DB Killer

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Cap no. 57 is the DB killer. I believe it fits inside the link pipe which has an external diameter of 50 mm so the cap must have an external diameter less than this to fit inside it as shown.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

roadster wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:49 am Cap no. 57 is the DB killer. I believe it fits inside the link pipe which has an external diameter of 50 mm so the cap must have an external diameter less than this to fit inside it as shown.
Thanks. I guess I need to go back and measure the pipe but take it off and check whats in there. Are they easy to remove?

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Not always easy to remove if they have been assembled dry. Try to preserve any graphite sleeve for re-use if possible. When you assemble use a generous amount of copper based grease. It helps smooth reassembly and also provide a better seal. When this grease dries out it leaves a powdery residue which helps separate the joint.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...