leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Post by Bingo »

As it looks like ill be hanging onto my BV350 ST for a while longer yet Im wondering about taming the beast as it thinks its a single pot Harley. :shock:

Its really loud. I kind of stupidly thought it was cool at first but its kind of annoying now. It really is loud.

Apparently you can get a DB killer quietner insert for them and I believe the SBK model I have on mine should have come with one but it was on when I got the bike. Ive emailed Leo Vince to ask. There doesnt seem to be any in stock in the UK anywhere although I am not entirely sure which model I am looking for. This is it and how it sounds

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: leovince L sbk db killer quietner (BV 350 ST)

Post by Data »

Hello Bingo, yes it's pretty noisy. You may also be losing a little performance from lack of back pressure at some point/s in the performance curve. And yes, back pressure still matters on most modern injected engines. This also can affect mpg's. Refitting the exhaust baffle restores back pressure and may just improve not just noise but performance and mpg figures. You won't know until you try it. Lots of folks remove baffles to try to improve performance, but that rarely happens unless the bike is put on the dyno and has it's ecu fuelling and ignition maps played with.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ouch! The other thing is that in many cases exhausts aren't actually legal without the DB killer in.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Thanks. I thought these exhausts were supposed to improve performance. I cant compare it to another BV as Ive never ridden one but the reason I bought it over the other scooters I looked at is it went like the clappers. I could do with toning it down a bit though I reckon as it looks like Im keeping it. Just need to know how to do it.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Bev350 is certainly fast! Probably keeps up with a Tmax at low to medium speeds.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

There are plenty of generic devices available on Ebay you just need to have a general measure up to see what will ft and whether it needs to be straight or curved. There will almost certainly be a hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe and it may even have a weld-nut behind it already. Usually there is no need to drill out the pop rivets but occasionally the outer black bit needs to be removed to get better access.

For example
(Click to enlarge)
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

roadster wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:03 am There are plenty of generic devices available on Ebay you just need to have a general measure up to see what will ft and whether it needs to be straight or curved. There will almost certainly be a hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe and it may even have a weld-nut behind it already. Usually there is no need to drill out the pop rivets but occasionally the outer black bit needs to be removed to get better access.

For example
(Click to enlarge)
All the ones that come up when you google Leo Vince L SBK DB killer seem to be curved a the top. The generic ones for a fiver on Ebay seem to be straight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1862810521

I dont think I would be too happy or confident in getting a generic one to fit. Could it not cause problems? Still no reply from Leo Vince.

Its not a massive issue but it is loud.

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

Loud.. you could have been shot for sheep worrying :o

A £5 eBay one is worth a try ;)

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:37 am Ouch! The other thing is that in many cases exhausts aren't actually legal without the DB killer in.
Completely right Grumpy.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Bingo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:37 am
roadster wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:03 am There are plenty of generic devices available on Ebay you just need to have a general measure up to see what will ft and whether it needs to be straight or curved. There will almost certainly be a hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe and it may even have a weld-nut behind it already. Usually there is no need to drill out the pop rivets but occasionally the outer black bit needs to be removed to get better access.

For example
(Click to enlarge)
All the ones that come up when you google Leo Vince L SBK DB killer seem to be curved a the top. The generic ones for a fiver on Ebay seem to be straight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1862810521

I dont think I would be too happy or confident in getting a generic one to fit. Could it not cause problems? Still no reply from Leo Vince.

Its not a massive issue but it is loud.
If possible get the right part directly from Leo Vince. You may only get a minor performance boost with the original baffle fitted. Generic ones may not have the desired effect.