Electric Burgman?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Electric Burgman?

Post by capitano »

I am disappointed that battery swap infrastructure isn't making its way into Western cities.

Even as a stepping stone until battery range rivals that of ICE PTWs, it makes so much sense.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

You beat me to it I watched that video this morning and was going to post it. :D To me that's the way to go, I've no doubt your mobile would tell you where to go and how many charged units are available.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I doubt there will be many battery swap facilities developing here in the UK. The simple reason for that is that battery technology is ramping up exponentially meaning range is about to double, treble & quadruple in a couple of years or so. Charging times will also reduce to just a few minutes. Solid state batteries are also coming into the picture with lower weight & size yet bigger ranges & better charging times. It's all good & without the need for precious metals or in some case severely reduced precious metal use. It's all good! ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

If they ever make an electric Tmax (E-max ??) with that system of instantly swappable cells I will be a very happy man (and probably very old too by the time the UK catches up).

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

TBH & surprising as it may sound, the UK is streets ahead of much of the rest of the world regarding green energy & our charging system network. Of course the media & lots of anti EV YouTube videos by people that are EV haters will try to make you believe otherwise by seizing on the slightest bit of negativity that they hear about and blowing it up into something that isn't true! Lots of examples of that recently in the media. Yes, charging is not good enough yet but it's growing faster than anywhere else at the moment. Your electric Tmax isn't going to need swappable batteries that's for sure but it won't be on the market for another 3yrs or so yet. A very interesting area to watch at the moment to see who is first out with the new generation of batteries, some of which went into production this year. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...