Honda Silverwing

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Honda Silverwing

Post by Filonian »

Always looking to spend other peoples money :)

Browsing the lots for the next vehicle auction at Mathewsons came across Lot 549 a 2001 Honda fjs 600 Silverwing. No indication of mileage but from the photos looks very good for a 22 yr old bike, very tidy indeed. Thought I'd post this if anyone is looking for one.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Honda Silverwing

Post by MrGrumpy »

Welll....a maxi scoot now counts as a classic vehicle so that Mathewsons will sell it! Bid odd considering there are still loads around and available for sale through normal channels. One wonders if you'd get a better price through them or by putting it on ebay or Facebook / autotrader/ whatever. I guess its a matter of luck.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I have to admit I don't know how old a vehicle has to be to be regarded as a classics. I'm fairly sure some of the vehicles Mathewsons sell aren't classics, but I could be wrong.Though I must say I do enjoy looking around their showroom before an auction, they used to charge a quid, but that was at the old place I haven't been since they got the new place.
Filonian, there's a few scooters in the next auction.

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

knight2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:26 pm Though I must say I do enjoy looking around their showroom before an auction, they used to charge a quid, but that was at the old place I haven't been since they got the new place.
Filonian, there's a few scooters in the next auction.
Not living far from Thornton Dale, I used to go to the auctions regularly before the pandemic, not to buy of course but just as I have an interest in classic cars. Used to like the atmosphere at the auction itself but unfortunately they are now closed to the public on auction day. I keep meaning to call in at the new place when I'm passing on a ride out. They do seem to be selling more and more bikes although they will sell just about anything if you watch "Bangers and Cash".