Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Re: 2022 AN400

Post by Dogsbody »

You can lead a horse to water…………………

fm12
Current Ride: Xmax300

Re: 2022 AN400

Post by fm12 »

Data wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:13 am Hi fm, yes you can use whatever oil you wish but MC oil is far superior in every way. Far superior oil film strength (ofs), far superior electrostatic cling (one of the critical factors at higher revs) & much better handling of carbon & dirt deposits all resulting in considerably reduced engine wear over the use of diesel engine oils. Every testing house confirms this. However if you are happy with your current oil that's fine but if you haven't done so already you might try reading the thread in the link I attached earlier in one of my posts. It takes you to burgmanusa.com with quite a bit of useful information. I'm Quantum Mechanic on that site.

Overall the conclusions we reached after exhaustive testing (lasting nearly two years) of MC engines using diesel engine oils showed a reduced engine life cycle of a mean 35%. That's aside from more frequent failures of certain engine components along the way & reduced mpg & power. Surprising isn't it.
Down to three bikes now. All three manufacturers specified oil with API specs which the oil I was using exceeded, I do not see a problem. Regards power in my experience fuel used also plays its part. Done here aswell.