Mach loop and the Lakes

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Mach loop and the Lakes

Post by knight2 »

The Mach loop in Wales is famous for anybody who likes taking photos of military aircraft and there are loads of videos on you tube, but I thought some might like to watch it from the other piont of view. Two RAF Typhoon eurofighters flying throught the Mach Loop and then over the lake district, speed 500mph, height at one point 250 to 500 ft. I hope you enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prnthv4uxeE

Maxi Burger
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 2022

Re: Mach loop and the Lakes

Post by Maxi Burger »

Trying to think of something to say, I'm still speechless!
Thanks for posting this, amazing pilots & beautiful scenery.
Wow!

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Thanks for that link really interesting perspective. Some years ago I was hang gliding with a mate in North Wales ridge soaring at about 400ft above the top of Moel Accre when two Hawk jets from RAF Valley flew below us . The next couple of minutes were interesting to say the least as the turbulence hit. All pre GoPro days unfortunately so no pics.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

For those unfamilar with the Mach loop here is a video from the other side, photographers will spend days up there waiting for some thing to fly past when you see some of the shots they get you can understand why.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ma ... &FORM=VIRE

To Maxiburger your more than welome I hope you enjoy the second vid.

To Dogsbody I'm jealous, if there is one hobby I could have done instead of bikes it would have been Hang gliding. A few years ago I had a go in a glider with Derbyshire gliding club and the instructor let me fly it for two circuits ridge soaring, it was brilliant, but given the choice the freedom hang gliding gives you would have been my way to go. But I couldn't afford both gliders and bikes and I'd been riding bikes since I was fourteen so I stayed with bikes. It was tempting though.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Knight2, back in 1977 I had had a couple of hang gliding lessons just before the Manx Grand Prix and when I got back made the decision to stop racing and concentrate on the flying. Eventually ended up as an instructor in Marlborough and North Wales for Birdman HG School. After a few years built a Microlight from a kit that I bought in America but that’s another story.