A sad end for my first TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

A sad end for my first TMax

Post by Dr Gonzo »

Those of a nervous disposition should look away now.

I thought the saga on my stolen TMax was all down and dusted. That was until I had an email from the Met Police a couple of weeks ago. My TMax had been recovered was in a pound and would I like to collect it!

Needless to say my response was not my problem, mate. After all the insurance company had the keys and the V5. At that point, I once again thought it was all over. Oh no, yesterday had a text from my insurers yesterday telling me I need to inform the DVLA that tehTMax was beyond economical repair wand was being scrapped.

A quick but of Googling led me to discover this sad sight - A very broken TMax.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Re: A sad end for my first TMax

Post by tmaxrobbo »

That is horrible . I was quite traumatised when my T Max was stolen 3 years ago . I got the same call a few weeks later . we have found your bike !! Me is it rideable ................ er no

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Do you know what happened to it? It looks in a very similar state to my first Tmax, a mk2, after I had a high speed accident when a Van pulled out on me, except that the damage to mine was on the left side (and my topbox was shattered into pieces! But there again, it looked much better than Tmaxrobbo's!!!
Mine looked as if it was in principle repairable (don't know if still ran, but with much fewer electronic gizmos in those day, it seems quite likely), but the price of Yamaha panels made it economically unviable - £400 for a standard screen! And that was in 2007, when Yamaha sold a large accessory screen for £100!

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dr Gonzo »

@MrGrumpy - I don't know the exact details but if you read between the lines of what the officer from the Met said when he emailed me about it:

This vehicle has been recovered by The Metropolitan Police in the early hours of this morning in the Borough of Bromley this was as a result of a pursuit with the rider. It has been recovered to Charlton Car Pound... ...we are conducting an investigation into the male who was riding the vehicle when it came to our notice. Would you be willing to provide a statement in regards to the theft of your vehicle?

Either way, it's a crying shame as it was pristine when it got stolen and despite my being the second owner it had less than 700 mile on the clock. :cry:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Hmmmm Crashed it whilst being chased it looks like.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Mine was stolen used to Rob a bank and they ( 2 of them on it ) were rammed in the front by a Police car , they ran off amazingly and sadly not killed