Belly Buster Breakfast Meet - Oxfordshire - 15/4

This is the place to organize a meet or tell us about a forthcoming show
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Belly Buster Breakfast Meet - Oxfordshire - 15/4

Post by Stephen »

The belly buster is good value for money,its in the village hall where the playing fields are and an old windmill,
Whites Windmill
Mill Lane
Chinnor
OX39 4RF

A small number of us are there Saturday 15th April 10am,then a ride to Milton Keynes to the Superbike Factory and possibly Sports Bike Shop.

Weather looks to be dry

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Belly Buster Breakfast c

Post by mottza »

Me, Maxi-Burger and maybe Roadrunner will be along to represent the Essex Contingent.

For those that have not been, the food is lovely and I think we're heading to Milton Keynes to look at bike shops.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Stephen
Benefactor

Re: Belly Buster Breakfast Meet - Oxfordshire - 15/4

Post by Stephen »

Nice meet today,breakfast is very good in that place,Roger,Mark and Chris represented the Essex chapter of MM,Bob(X9 Forum represented the Telford chapter and me of course….nice little bimble to MK for the superbike factory and Graftons Honda before parting company,weather was good to us….

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Maxi Burger
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 2022

Post by Maxi Burger »

Really nice day out and in great company. Wet start for us leaving Chelmsford, rain stopped after about 10 miles & slowly improved during the day - except for the last 6 miles, I got a soaking.
Food was lovely and can't beat the price. SuperBike Factory was an eye opener :o

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Back here again Saturday 13/05/23
Whites Windmill
Mill Lane
Chinnor
OX39 4RF

10am….breakfast,chat,then a bimble to Kidlington….Suzuki dealer/helmet city

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Roger(roadrunner)myself and another two members from the X9 forum met up,there was a 6 a side football tournament going on,only sarnies and rolls being done,but the girls were really good to us and done a full monty breakfast,then a ride to the two wheel centre in kidlington Suzuki and royal Enfield dealer,i like the RE super meteor 650,the Suzuki vstrom 800 is a nice bit of kit,but the seat hieght is right on the limit for me,quick browse around helmet city as well,but i am ok with my present Nolan,parted company there and went our own way home to our various destinations,it stayed dry,but a tad chilly,back home to do the job I loathe,cutting the grass,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Maxi Burger
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 2022

Post by Maxi Burger »

The 800DE is gaining a lot of interest within certain groups of riders... and I'm in that group though not ready to buy yet.
The vibration issue is a slight concern especially as it's at motorway cruising speeds - but some say it's not hardly noticeable, test ride for sure.
There's a good review here...
https://www.carolenash.com/tips-guides/ ... trom-800de

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Maxi Burger wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:20 am The 800DE is gaining a lot of interest within certain groups of riders... and I'm in that group though not ready to buy yet.
The vibration issue is a slight concern especially as it's at motorway cruising speeds - but some say it's not hardly noticeable, test ride for sure.
There's a good review here...
https://www.carolenash.com/tips-guides/ ... trom-800de
Mark, the V-twins all vibrate a bit but shouldn't be very bad. If it is it might just be the revs are too low at the speed the bike is being ridden at. They can be sensitive to that in the early days of their lives. My 1000cc Vstrom needed 5th gear (instead of 6th) under 65mph and at 70mph if going up a slight upgrade. It was low revving (2,900 rpm at 70mph 6th gear) and a very tight motor when new. But even so, I think folks should understand that whilst the motors are new, or still low miles, or hasn't reached full conforming (around 8-10,000 miles) they do vibrate a bit more than usual. That's expected and normal. After full conforming and with the motors fully loosened up, they are usually very smooth and won't vibrate anywhere near as much as when it was new or very low miles. They also produce much more power! My 1000cc Vstrom was like that until around 10k miles but was super smooth after that and would pull 70mph comfortably in 6th without vibration. The downside of these V-Twins is rapid chain and sprocket wear if you cruise at low revs all the time. They tend to "hook" the teeth with rapid chain wear. I lessened it with a Scott oiler but it didn't help as much as I'd hoped.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

The 800 is a parallel twin me thinks with a 270 degree firing order, in Motorcycle Sport and Liesure this month.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i