To Lambda or not to Lambda, that is the question.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: To Lambda or not to Lambda, that is the question.

Post by horobags »

thumb.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Data wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 pm PS. I did respond to your post a couple of days ago but somehow it's disappeared from the thread. Wondering where it went? Mods...was it you guys :o ?
No, it wasn't us. We've had not a lot to do recently, which is the way we like it. 8-)

You had the exchange on a completely different thread, which is why you can't find it here. :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=25409
horobags wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:40 am I hope you are doing good Data, bloody hell, how are you feeling????
Data wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:09 pm Thanks for asking Horobags. Yeah, I'm doing quite well now but still go up and down a bit. Recovery is not linear but going in the right direction. Prognosis is good. I've not been riding with the Mottza and the guys much just yet but I have at least been out with them a couple of times. Just about to give the Vespa GTS a full service, oil & all filters, coolant, valve check, clutch clean out etc. I couldn't do that 3 months ago but now I feel as though I can, says he confidentally, sort of!! :lol:

Hope you are well Horobags. Stay cool and have you written a write up on your latest bike yet?

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Oh thanks Capitano, my bad! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

Sorry, this is probably just another one just for Data, but I'm still wrestling with this bloody glovebox issue. I have bought a cheap inspection camera that plugs into your mobile (£25 off of Amazon and a great bit of kit for the price) to try and work out what is going on ....

So as I understand it, the bit I have labeled the HAMMER is what is connected to the push button within the ignition, and the bit I have labeled the LATCH is what is connected to the glovebox door. I can get my fingers right in there (that's what she said) but no matter how hard I push on the latch the door won't open. BTW, I'm pushing in the direction of the red arrow.

You can see all the perished rubber in shot too, is this blocking something from moving? Also, does the hammer need to return to the home position in order for the latch to engage somehow? With my finger on the latch, if I push on the ignition I can feel the hammer push against my finger (effectively crushing it) so I don't get why the latch won't move!

P.s. I should point out that I have come in from the removable panel in front of your left knee to take this shot.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

OneFootInTheGravy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:35 am Sorry, this is probably just another one just for Data,
I don't know if Data can see your image, but I cant. That's why we discourage using google photos for forum posts. It's also why we have the add image to post feature below the typing box.

8-)

What I (and I suspect many others) see is this, despite it probably showing up fine on your own device.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor

Thanks Capitano, I have editied the post now. I knew I had attached an image before but I couldn't remember how. I blame the heat!

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

OneFootInTheGravy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:01 am Thanks Capitano, I have editied the post now. I knew I had attached an image before but I couldn't remember how. I blame the heat!

Looking good!

I have no clue about how to answer it, but Data may well do.

8-)

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Hi OneFoot. I can see your image ok. It looks as though the 'hammer' as you put it, is not aligned with the latch. But it's been a couple of years or so since I've had a glovebox apart so I'm struggling to get the orientation in my head absolutely correct from the image. The latch should open if you press on it. It shouldn't require much pressure. Have you already unscrewed many of the glovebox fasteners? If so make sure you keep the glovebox in its fitted position so as not to stress the glovebox door/latch area making it harder to open.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor

Hi Data, no I haven't unscrewed anything yet, that will be this weekend's job. I am now fairly sure something has become jammed in the latch, maybe the little spring that sits above the latch? I managed to get my inspection cam into the glovebox to try and see what is happening from the other side...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3D0hvxdfNh8

you can see the 'hook' on the end of the latch moving down when I press in it (with my hand through the removed panel on the left of the glovebox), and come back up again when I push on the outside of the door. I think I'm going to have to try and remove the whole thing (somehow?) to try and dismantle the lock

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

OneFoot, yes the hook isn't actually letting go of the door latch strike. So it won't open. It makes me wonder if the misalignment of the "hammer" is at play here as if that was aligned on the latch before pushing on it the door would most likely open. It would push the latch just that bit further so it clears the strike plate. Unfortunately, the whole glovebox unit that houses the glovebox door is held in place not just by several screws mounted around the outside of the glovebox unit, but there is also a very large screw mounted centrally just inside the glovebox in a central position. So you wont be able to remove the whole thing without getting that door open first and then removing that screw.

You could try to see if you can get something thin but strong to push down on the latch from the back side of the glovebox. So that means not pushing on the lever that operates the latch but push downwards on the latch arm directly. It may just work. Problem is finding something strong enough to do it. I have a full locksmith kit from my days in the motor trade (I trained as an auto locksmith as part of my job) when we had to open cars, car boots etc when owners had lost their keys. It has all sorts of locksmith gear that would likely do the trick. I keep the whole kit under lock and key of course and I was Police Home Office registered to allow me to do that sort of thing. I see you are in Derby. That's too far for me to travel at the moment otherwise I'd pop up and get it open for you. You could seek help from a dealer or a local locksmith if you find you cannot sort it. No shame in doing that.