Dragster GP500

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Dragster GP500

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

This is the one I have been waiting for. It sounds like it's going to be more of a cross between motorcycle and scooter, but still looks like a lot of fun

https://motomais.motosport.com.pt/motos ... o-em-2024/ (you will probably need to translate this)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Dragster GP500

Post by MrGrumpy »

It does look fun, if entirely impractical! I think its a bit of a paper concept at the moment, as the design seems different every time you read about it. Last time I read anything it was going to be a twin cylinder engine - if they haven't settled on what/whose engine is going in it, I think its fair to say that there are probably a few other oustanding issues!

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Terrible weight distribution! However if an electric motor was used the batteries could be mounted as far forward as possible and in any case the power unit and transmission would be much lighter. That could break away from the largely unimaginative styling of the current crop of electric scooters ( BMW excepted) .
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

roadster wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:06 am That could break away from the largely unimaginative styling of the current crop of electric scooters ( BMW excepted) .
Hmmm..since I find most BMW scoots to be utterly hideous, I think that maybe firms should stick to 'unimaginative' ! :lol: