Seat remodelling

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Seat remodelling

Post by Sylar »

Since i have had my Forza 350 for just over two months, and have done 1600 mls on it. The one thing I really do not like is the seat height, or rather the balancing act every time i have to stop.Iam thinking maybe i could get the seat remodelled , on the lines of lowering it a couple of inches and, as i never carry a passenger get the seat hump pushed further back to give extended leg room. Has anyone ever had anything like this done for their seat? Some years ago i had a deauville seat remodelled by a bloke in Yorkshire but that was many moons ago ,and probably long gone.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Seat remodelling

Post by horobags »

was it possibly 'Bradford seatworks', he did an excellent job.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Thankyou for the refence horobags. I have watched some seat renovations on you tube, it would seem to be more complicated than i thought. It relies on the base plate mainly,and it's shape, so moving the Backrest is not practical. Removing the seat on my Silverwing was straight forward, but, the Forza is totally different. I think i might need a pair of those Elton John boots with heightened oversized soles.

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

This may have been the place you were thinking off
https://tonyarcher.co.uk/home/
They used to have a good website now it's only a telephone number. There used to be another bloke near here that did seats but I can't remember his name.

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

have a look at airhawk pads, I had one it was excellent.
https://airhawk.net/

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

horobags wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:36 am have a look at airhawk pads, I had one it was excellent.
https://airhawk.net/
I think the last thing he wants is to add height to his seat, which the airhawk would do?
I seem to have overcome the issue of seat height by shifting my backside upon stopping. My inside leg is only 28” but I manage. Can I suggest sitting on the bike in driveway, or parked up safely somewhere off road, and just pop centre stand down then practice sitting upright and moving around on the seat whilst putting your feet down? You can definitely improve your position on the seat while stopping. I’m at a point now where I have no second thoughts about stopping it’s natural to shift bum and move leg. BTW, I use my right leg to stand stationary on bike. Good luck :D

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

I think you already advised me to do this stibbs, and i took your advice ,and shuffle forward when stopping, but, this results in pain in my leg(iam an old get after all) My problem is, i also ride my Cruisym300 and have to remember about stopping. Also the stupid idea of putting the traction control where the flash signal is on every other bike. Otherwise i cannot fault the performance of the Forza.

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

I visited the Bradford Address for seat remodelling(motocycle seat works) . The man there had a look at the Forza seat,and said, only roughly one inch could be taken off the height, and possibly an inch off either side. Quoting £55 for doing it. So it hardly seems worth the trouble. Never mind, i had a good ride out on a nice day, just one little shower to pass through.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Had three seats done, two race bike seats,one for the CT125 that was rock hard, by an upholsterer in Leigh.