Metropolis

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Metropolis

Post by knight2 »

Data wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:18 pm The MP3 now has a reverse gear along with its new 530cc motor. I've just come back from my local Piaggio dealer who was keen for me to take one out for a test ride. Unfortunately I didn't have time today. But I will no doubt go back and take one out soon.
I for one would be interested in your opinion of the three wheelers, I had read about the reverse which I think is a good idea. I was going to have a look at a Metropolis on
monday but the weather was nice so I decided to spend my time riding rather than looking at bikes that, at the moment, I have little intention of buying. Localish dealer has new Metropolis and a used Satelis for sale.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

I took an MP3 out for a test ride a few years ago and was really impressed. I do remember thinking that it felt very big though, but then again I only just getting back into scotters and had a Yamaha Vity 125 at the time. I would certainly consider one in the future but i don't have the space for anything that size right now. I keep my bike in the passage at the side of the house and I can only just squeeze my GTS in there. I have no chance of getting an MP3 in the same space.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Yeah the MP3's are amazing bikes now. The steering notch thing didn't affect all bikes, but from what I hear, is no longer an issue anyway. Although any heavy bike like that is always going to give the steering head bearings a hard time.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...