Honda Foresight 250

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Honda Foresight 250

Post by Stephen »

Waldorf wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:38 am I made the mistake of Googling and have to remember that everything written there is worse-case scenario.
Edd's coming up to nurse me through the first week
Ohhh yes Mike…..
Google is good for some things,but not all things,my mother can do very little on her computer,but she has a really bad habit of googling any illnesses she gets,medical procedures like yours are an everyday occurrence at hospitals,you’ll be fine.

Regards to Edd…..is he still a biker?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Steve.
Edd's just spent a lot of money putting the BM back on the road having not ridden it for some years.
I think it's still at the garage. He's bought a new crash helmet ready.
I will pass on your regards, of course.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Sorry to hear about those Prostate problems, I hope you are all getting the best of care.

I don't want to sound all "preachy" about this but its a subject very close to my heart, and us blokes sometimes need a small shove in the right direction:

My best mate age 63 is sadly suffering from bone cancer as a result of his prostate seeding and spreading, he is very brave but has suffered greatly with it and is now under palliative care. It all started with a lower back ache during the Covid pandemic and him getting fobbed off with painkillers by his GP rather than being seen for a face to face consultation. By the time things had progressed to him needing a visit to A&E it was too late.

For those of us of a certain age (most of us here probably) please get yourselves checked.

I have done the GP checkup and buy myself a home PSA blood test kit on Amazon for around £10 every birthday now as a precaution.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Started experiencing issues down there myself 4 yrs ago. PSA normal though, but Doc wasn't happy. She examined & referred me. Had camera & was told I needed surgery. Was in hospital for 3 days & had a very good pain free experience. Everything good, no cancer. Sadly, I was the only one out of four of us that had gone in for surgery on that day who didn't have cancer. Most of my friends have or have had prostate issues. As said, don't leave any symptoms unchecked. Fully agree with Pukmeister.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

'Sorry to hear about those Prostate problems, I hope you are all getting the best of care.'

Thank you; indeed I am.
I have had fairly regular PSA tests, all of which have been clear.
The doctor who performed the cycstoscopy a couple of weeks ago was adamant that it was NOT cancer, merely (comparatively) the common restriction of the urethra, treatable with TURPS.
The stone is what drew attention to the whole business. It's a pity it can't be removed in one piece; I'd have loved to post pictures of it in Facebook!

Seriously, my anxieties are the anticipation and what happens afterwards in terms of recuperation.
I'm resigned to discomfort, hopefully of a different kind, my having suffered the discomfort of not being able to pee at will for some years. I know it's minor in the whole scheme of things.
Talking about it helps. as others will know, not least on a scooter forum when one lnows that other scooterists are genuine human-beings.

Perhaps the title of this thread might be changed; the original purpose has been addressed fully.

Incidentally, if any younger members are reading this, do be aware that Prostate Cancer affects young men, too. The son of a good friend of mine succumbed to it at the age of 40, having been told by doctors that people his age don't get it.
Having a finger stuck up your bum to check is really nothing to worry about; ask me how I know! ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Waldorf wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:43 am 'Sorry to hear about those Prostate problems, I hope you are all getting the best of care.'

Thank you; indeed I am.
I have had fairly regular PSA tests, all of which have been clear.
The doctor who performed the cycstoscopy a couple of weeks ago was adamant that it was NOT cancer, merely (comparatively) the common restriction of the urethra, treatable with TURPS.
The stone is what drew attention to the whole business. It's a pity it can't be removed in one piece; I'd have loved to post pictures of it in Facebook!

Seriously, my anxieties are the anticipation and what happens afterwards in terms of recuperation.
I'm resigned to discomfort, hopefully of a different kind, my having suffered the discomfort of not being able to pee at will for some years. I know it's minor in the whole scheme of things.
Talking about it helps. as others will know, not least on a scooter forum when one lnows that other scooterists are genuine human-beings.

Perhaps the title of this thread might be changed; the original purpose has been addressed fully.

Incidentally, if any younger members are reading this, do be aware that Prostate Cancer affects young men, too. The son of a good friend of mine succumbed to it at the age of 40, having been told by doctors that people his age don't get it.
Having a finger stuck up your bum to check is really nothing to worry about; ask me how I know! ;)
Indeed Waldorf about young folks getting it. One of my fellow hospitalised buddies with whom I kept in touch with and that actually had prostate cancer told me his son of only 36 died unexpectedly from prostate cancer. A bit of a shock to say the least. Lovely lad who never had any symptoms until it was too late. From diagnosis to death was just 3 weeks. Could barely believe it. Finger up bum is a very good idea! :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Apologies for dropping out; my mind was elsewhere.

I posted this on Facebook this morning - an update:

'If you're squeamish, look away now.

As many friends know, I had to go to the hospital for blood to be taken. That's not something that worries me but now I have to look away as the needle goes in.
The person who did it was not the most welcoming of all the NHS people up here - never mind.

Having collected four phials-full of blood, she handed over a large plastic container in a carrier-bag, telling me I had to collect 24 hours' worth of urine.
I was too taken-a-back to ask if I had to wring out the Tena pads.**

The blood-taker responded to my inquiry regarding how long I'd have to wait for the next step - days or weeks - with 'weeks'.
For some reason, her instructions didn't match with those in the letter I found in the carrier-bag when I got home.
Having read the letter, I sought expert advice from one of my two doctor-cousins, one of whom was a pathologist; that made clear what I should do.

Two observations:
I should be grateful if hospital staff didn't assume that patients are as familiar with the hospital layout as they are.
I wonder if any of the doctors and pathologists have actually tried to collect every drop of urine passed in 24 hours, setting aside that the neck of the container is not large!

When I've done the final deed at exactly 10.30. I will saddle up and transport the amber nectar to the hospital.

Que sera sera.

**That was a joke for effect.' ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Waldorf wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:23 pm A
When I've done the final deed at exactly 10.30. I will saddle up and transport the amber nectar to the hospital.

Que sera sera.

**That was a joke for effect.' ;)
I hope you had a good booze up during the day in question - that should make your sample quite 'interesting' !! :lol:

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

I didn't think of that; next time, perhaps. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

My best pal is currently terminal with bone cancer as a result of not catching his prostate cancer early enough. I am watching him suffer and decline rapidly and the anguish his poor wife is going through is truly awful. I am humbled by their dignity and courage throughout their ordeal.

Here is also a blog worth reading from a fellow motorcyclist I was messaging about prostate in case you need any convincing:

https://adventureswithprostatecancer.com/

Please get yourselves checked, the "NHS Handshake" procedure is pretty painless if a little embarrasing and this thing is surgically easy to fix if caught early yet the consequences of a late stage diagnosis are severe.