Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Thanks for that Mike,in theory I shouldn’t really need to put a ram mount ball there,i have one on each brake reservoir,i’ll keep thinking about the screen and await more feedback.

BTW…..How are you now?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Always a pleasure, Steve.
I hang things on that RAM ball as I bought a GPS mount that fits above the dash so is more in my eye-line.

After interesting tests - I had to save 24 hours'-worth of wee - I had the all-clear for the lumps on my adrenal glands; relief!
I'm still waiting for the procedure to blast the stone and ream out the tube through my prostate. I am managing it reasonably well although I felt moved to phone 111 a couple of weeks ago. I've modified the list of what I drink and I think that's helped.
All will be well!
I hope you're okay; next Summer we must rendezvous somewhere and chat over old times. There are lots of great places to ride up here. ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Waldorf wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:16 am I can't remember, Steve, but I think you have to squeeze the cover front to back; mine's off permanently
Thanks Mike,Yes it is a pinch type movement,i may have to move my sat nav to the centre of the handlebars,as my Muffs will not fit with the sat nav on the reservoir mount,it looks like a ram ball on a threaded bolt needs to be used,i guess you remove one of the bolts now exposed by removing that cover,do you have a part number for that ram ball bolt…..

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Steve, on my 350 there's already a vacant threaded hole right in the middle of the exposed surface.
It's size M8, I think.

This one should do the trick:

https://rb.gy/pksnta

https://rb.gy/1x5ubm

Mike
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

After the first service last weekend I couldn’t really test the Forza as the weather was awful,so today i met up with a few of the lads for breakfast took the M1 from Northampton to Hemel,as the motorway was reasonably clear(well for the M1 anyway)i got up to 85/86 mph speedo reading,80 mph sat nav reading,still a bit more there(all this took part on the private stretch of course😁)that was my only concern that the engine wouldn’t perform with a fat git like me on it but i was pleasantly surprised ,i then tucked myself in behind a couple of coaches doing a steady 60ish,nice ride from Hemel to Bike Stop in Stevenage Old Town,mostly country lanes which were dry so we had some fun,Mottza’s ADV 350 looks nice.

After a lot of messing about I finally changed the clock to the correct time after doing something drastic,I actually read the manual,still undecided about getting the Givi screen,got a little saw ready to cut that document holder off under the seat,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Stephen wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:32 pm After the first service last weekend I couldn’t really test the Forza as the weather was awful,so today i met up with a few of the lads for breakfast took the M1 from Northampton to Hemel,as the motorway was reasonably clear(well for the M1 anyway)i got up to 85/86 mph speedo reading,80 mph sat nav reading,still a bit more there(all this took part on the private stretch of course😁)that was my only concern that the engine wouldn’t perform with a fat git like me on it but i was pleasantly surprised ,i then tucked myself in behind a couple of coaches doing a steady 60ish,nice ride from Hemel to Bike Stop in Stevenage Old Town,mostly country lanes which were dry so we had some fun,Mottza’s ADV 350 looks nice.

After a lot of messing about I finally changed the clock to the correct time after doing something drastic,I actually read the manual,still undecided about getting the Givi screen,got a little saw ready to cut that document holder off under the seat,

Steve
I am genuinely shocked to read this terrible admission. You should be ashamed of yourself :evil: Nobody should EVER read the manual....
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:46 am

I am genuinely shocked to read this terrible admission. You should be ashamed of yourself :evil: Nobody should EVER read the manual....
Half the time, the manuals seem to be written in some obscure language, using English words but not actually English, with diagrams that seem to bear no relationship to what you see in front of you, so they don't seem to help! Mind you, there's often a hidden secret technique hidden in the text if you can find it (eg removing a VAS type visor from an Arai helmet), but this normally only becomes clear once you've succeeded in doing what you were trying to do anyway! You suddenly think 'Oh THAT'S what they meant!'

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:56 am

Half the time, the manuals seem to be written in some obscure language, using English words but not actually English, with diagrams that seem to bear no relationship to what you see in front of you, so they don't seem to help! Mind you, there's often a hidden secret technique hidden in the text if you can find it (eg removing a VAS type visor from an Arai helmet), but this normally only becomes clear once you've succeeded in doing what you were trying to do anyway! You suddenly think 'Oh THAT'S what they meant!'
So true.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:32 pm After the first service last weekend I couldn’t really test the Forza as the weather was awful,so today i met up with a few of the lads for breakfast took the M1 from Northampton to Hemel,as the motorway was reasonably clear(well for the M1 anyway)i got up to 85/86 mph speedo reading,80 mph sat nav reading,still a bit more there(all this took part on the private stretch of course😁)that was my only concern that the engine wouldn’t perform with a fat git like me on it but i was pleasantly surprised ,i then tucked myself in behind a couple of coaches doing a steady 60ish,nice ride from Hemel to Bike Stop in Stevenage Old Town,mostly country lanes which were dry so we had some fun,Mottza’s ADV 350 looks nice.

Steve
The thing is,will i still remember how to change the clock again come the end of March 2024🥺🫣

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I don't even remember changing my clock. I wonder if Roadsync did it for me on the ADV350.

I'm gradually getting there on resetting the trip and coming out of roadsync mode.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125