Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Got out on the new Forza today in this glorious weather the blind spot mirrors have made a vast improvement,i enjoyed my little ride,i vary the speeds but kept mostly to 50/55 mph on the speedo,45/50 on the sat nav under 6k rpm,loads more left for me to play with once the first service is done,it handles the twisties well,ii do find the suspension a tad hard on the rear,i think some owners has changed the rear shocks,i paid a visit to the local farm shop and the under seat storage swallowed that up easily,i was having a few issues closing the new top box,so i called in at SBS in Milton Keynes,spoke with a very helpful member of staff,we are 99% sure we have resolved the issue,but he has put a note against my account,so if the issue does return they are aware i have already been in about it.covered about 80 miles today,so the scooter is up to about 230 miles now,first service is booked in for 4th November,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I seem to recall that the seat latch problem is very common with Honda scoots and fixed by putting a spacer under the staple (the U shaped bit). I think that I just used a couple of washers.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

At some stage the fuel filler cover will refuse to open. Some suggest hot glue as a remedy, my way round it is to use a credit card slipped into the gap where the catch is at the same time as operating the switch. Works for me every time

velocipede6295
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by velocipede6295 »

Credit card works for me as well, and it is always to hand, as I am at the petrol pump filling up.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Re the fuel flap - put foam strip, e.g. door draught excluder, between the closing faces until you can JUST make it click shut - it will then spring open easily.
Keep the seat latch mechanism lightly lubricated.
If you value your luggage/shopping, remove the 'document holder' with a hacksaw before it punches holes in everything.
It's a rapid little bike and constantly amazes me with how quickly it will travel. Handling and steering are fluid and delightful up to a point; the point being fast bumpy corners although it usually sorts itself out eventually...
At 74kg I run the tyres at 2psi below book, which improves the ride quality slightly, but it's still pretty awful. Seat and riding position are comfy for me though.
About 80mpg around town on short runs; 85 on a decent run.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Nice little run on the Forza 350 today about a 100 miles round trip to meet Steve & Martyn from the MM forum,nice little cafe in Nash Mills Hemel,i kept the scooter under 6k rpm 55ish mph,really pleased so far,got up to 190 miles on my tankful of fuel,then my bottle went,so filled it up 9.9 litres,so i still had 1.7 litres in there.

The bluetooth control underneath the left hand hand grip doesn’t hinder me at 5’7’ and a 29 inch inside leg,i don’t use it anyway,the radio goes from the phone,to the garmin,then to my helmet Bluetooth,if the phone rings i would only answer it if it were my elderly mother.I know the centre cover on the handlebars can be removed and a ram ball mount can be fitted,i tried to take it off to have a look,its a bit tough to get off,i can be a cackhanded git so was a bit worried about breaking the cover,is there a knack to remove it,some of our roads are awful,i guess the suspension can be altered I haven’t had a look at the tool kit yet to check if there is a “C” spanner to confirm this,have any owners had a play with the suspension?
The electric screen is good,i mainly have it in the raised position,has anyone fitted the taller Givi one,if so how tall are you and did it give any improvement,obviously it’ll be wider as well.My previous bikes have been heavy old monsters,Forza 750,650 Burgmans,big Harleys including the Electroglide and other big cruisers,the 350 is pleasure to push around and get on the centre stand,i think i am going to enjoy ownership of this little gem and looking forward to getting the first service done.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

I'll check about the centre cover on the bars, Steve. I took mine off once and left it off.
The RAM ball is a 1" with an 8M male stud: https://rb.gy/ifum8
Check the stud size, though. I'm sure it's the smaller one.

In fact, I bought a ball with a female post then cut the top off a bolt to make a stud and used that; I thought the first one was a bit short as the Zumo 660 is a bit heavy.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

The Givi screen suited me perfectly. Best in the colder months due to the excellent wind protection but I reverted to the oem screen in the summer to get that sporty feel. I'd definitely recommend one.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Greyerbeard wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 am If you value your luggage/shopping, remove the 'document holder' with a hacksaw before it punches holes in everything.
….Yep,that will have to come off.

Just took it for its first service today,i’ve had no problems as such,the Honda heated grips are my only complaint at the moment,I couldn’t feel any heat on my 50 mile trip to the dealer,the mechanic stated they are getting warm,all credit to the service receptionist he said thats not good enough and will follow up my complaint with Honda customer service and hopefully get a warranty claim going,it chucked it down all the to and from the dealer,given the choice I wouldn’t of been on the scooter at all today😁i don’t think Santa will bring me a Givi windscreen so i’ll have to treat myself 😁

I want to take the cover off over the centre of the handle bars,might put a ram mount under there,does it just pull off,is there a knack.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

I can't remember, Steve, but I think you have to squeeze the cover front to back; mine's off permanently.
As for the Givi screen; I'm not sure it's a good as others I've had; it's taller than the stock one but not much wider.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch