Forza 350: anyone tried the kit to fold the mirrors electrically? What is filtering like with mirrors?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
YetAnotherMuppet
Current Ride: x-max

Forza 350: anyone tried the kit to fold the mirrors electrically? What is filtering like with mirrors?

Post by YetAnotherMuppet »

I have seen a youtube video of an aftermarket kit to make the mirrors fold and open electrically.
It's a long video of all the installation, with the demo at the very end:

Has anyone tried it?
But it's a kit sold on aliexpress, so realistically there is no recourse if it doesn't work or has some problems.

If I understand correctly, the mirrors can already be folded manually, so it doesn't make much of a difference when parking - the convenience would be when filtering in traffic.
On that, what has been your experience? I made another thread comparing various scooters, and one of the doubts on the Forza is that maybe the mirrors fixed to the fairings, which do not rotate as you move the handlebar, might hinder filtering a little bit.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: Forza 350: anyone tried the kit to fold the mirrors electrically? What is filtering like with mirrors?

Post by Stibbs »

Personally, if the mirrors wont go through then I don’t! My experience of filtering on the 350 is very good. No different to many other bikes I’ve had over the years.

YetAnotherMuppet

Re: Forza 350: anyone tried the kit to fold the mirrors electrically? What is filtering like with mirrors?

Thank you, that's useful. May I ask what other scooters you owned in the past?
Also, the 70ish mpg you report - that is on what kind of roads? I used to get about 27 kml (77 British mpg) on my Yamaha X--max 300 (2018 model), riding entirely in city traffic (much more on A roads at a more constant speed).

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I had a 300 with manual fold. If the gap is too small to filter through, the rest of the bike and maybe the topbox won't either! I only ever really folded them when parked, as I once came back to my little old Typhoon to find some got had snapped the mirror off squeezing into a London bay (and then left before I came back myself).
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

YetAnotherMuppet

In fairness, I remembered that at one point I installed on my old x-max a kit that places mirrors on the fairings, similarly to the Forza, because that gave slightly better visibility, but mostly because it gave a good mounting spot for the phone. And it didn't cause huge problems filtering.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

YetAnotherMuppet wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:54 am Thank you, that's useful. May I ask what other scooters you owned in the past?
Also, the 70ish mpg you report - that is on what kind of roads? I used to get about 27 kml (77 British mpg) on my Yamaha X--max 300 (2018 model), riding entirely in city traffic (much more on A roads at a more constant speed).
I’ve owned 3 burgman 400s before the Forza. A great bike but have to say the Forza is beating it now. It’s lighter (50kg I think), it’s more frugal (according to Fuelly after over a year of mixed riding gets 80mpg on average, best was 89!). With Givi Maxia fitted it offers good storage (not as large as Burger but adequate for me). I find the suspension is stiffer than the Burger but that doesn’t bother me. I don’t ride like I’m 19 and indestructible :lol:
Overall I think the Forza is a great bike. However, a word of caution, everyone has differing needs and my experience may not meet your requirements. Good luck with your choice anyway icon_thumbs_up.gif

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I don’t think the folding mirrors would appeal to me,if anything i would look for mirror arm extensions as that would be my only criticism of the Forza 350,i am using those little blind spot stick on attachments,which help,but longer mirror arms in the first place would of been much better.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"