New user can’t register?

Read the rules & latest site announcements or suggest an idea for the forums
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

New user can’t register?

Post by Taipan »

Hi All
A guy I know from another forum is trying to register on here but with no success? His user name is nordboy and he’s tried under nordboy70 as well. He said he’s tried the contact admin link but hasn’t had a reply. Can anyone help get him registered?
Thanks

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: New user can’t register?

Post by Funkycowie »

Hey, I have had no emails and can find no attempted signups with those usernames. I did do a purge of unused, zero posting accounts last week that were older than a month, I did this when I was fixing the server, so if he tried before christmas then that why they are not there. Get him to try again and if there are any errors let me know any detail.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Funkycowie wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:22 am Hey, I have had no emails and can find no attempted signups with those usernames. I did do a purge of unused, zero posting accounts last week that were older than a month, I did this when I was fixing the server, so if he tried before christmas then that why they are not there. Get him to try again and if there are any errors let me know any detail.
Will do, thanks.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Just heard from him. His reply is below buy I’ve edited his email address for privacy. Let me know if you need it in full and I’ll message you it. Many thnakss
Nordboy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:45 am I've seen the reply on the forum so have tried to re-register. I'm getting the page that says account has been set up and an activation email has been sent.

But, I never get the activation email (still don't think i'll get one this time either), check all my junk mails but nothing. It's very odd, especially as he's saying they've never had anyone trying to register with my user name?

I'm trying to register with my email Lloyd*******@gmail.com (without the gap obviously), if that is any help to them? If you want to pass that on to the admin via PM then I'd appreciate it.

Sorry to chuck this onto you, I was out of options to solve it.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Activated :)

EDIT: There are no email errors on the board so I tried creating a user as a test, an email came through for activation, so I'd say his email was either blocked by gmail or sent to SPAM.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Nordboy
Current Ride: 23 xmax 300 techmax

Post by Nordboy »

Thanks both. Here now, I have no idea why I couldn't register? Been trying on and off since 2022!! Just never got an activation email? Tried a couple of different email addresses as well. Nothing in spam folders. Very odd.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Welcome and that is odd, worthy of investigation.
ImageImageImageImage

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Glad it got sorted. Thanks Funkie and welcome aboard Nordboy!