Despite having the last one nicked, I’ve bought another,

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Despite having the last one nicked, I’ve bought another,

Post by Taipan »

Think I should change my user name to Almax-a-plenty, as I have one at work, one at home as well to save lugging one around! :? Risks aside, I do really like the x-adv, and my Africa twin was too much of a lump around town, so I chopped it in for this one owner, 4k mile example with full dealer service history and the Akra and tail tidy were also supplied and fitted by the dealer too. 8-)

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Despite having the last one nicked, I’ve bought another,

Post by Stephen »

They are a nice bike,i enloyed ownership of mine,hopefully the Almax security gear will make any would be thief walk on by,they are expensive,after getting my tmax nicked i invested in two Almax chains a 19 mm and the 22 mm,i am pretty sure the shitbags returned again once i had the tmax back on the road,but thought better of it once they see my upgraded security

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Nordboy
Current Ride: 23 xmax 300 techmax

Post by Nordboy »

Taipan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:42 am Think I should change my user name to Almax-a-plenty, as I have one at work, one at home as well to save lugging one around! :? Risks aside, I do really like the x-adv, and my Africa twin was too much of a lump around town, so I chopped it in for this one owner, 4k mile example with full dealer service history and the Akra and tail tidy were also supplied and fitted by the dealer too. 8-)

You know I really like it, as I've already told you so ;) :lol:

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dr Gonzo »

i am pretty sure the shitbags returned again once i had the tmax back on the road,but thought better of it once they see my upgraded security
You're lucky. The gits took a petrol-powered angle grinder to my Almax chain. That didn't do much for the bodywork on the TMax either!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

That's a beauty Taipan! Just keep a good eye on it. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

Dr Gonzo wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:33 am
i am pretty sure the shitbags returned again once i had the tmax back on the road,but thought better of it once they see my upgraded security
You're lucky. The gits took a petrol-powered angle grinder to my Almax chain. That didn't do much for the bodywork on the TMax either!
When they got my old one, they bumped our 2 cars to the side of the drive. Took the locks of our gates. Knocked out the security lights. Lifted the front wheel up and wheeled the bike to the bottom of the garden and got the disc lock off with an angle grinder. Then just pushed it out of the drive and away they went. From what I can gather they would have had it running within minutes of getting around the corner. :shock:

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

:shock: :evil:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Nordboy
Current Ride: 23 xmax 300 techmax

Post by Nordboy »

I got onto the Hiplock kickstarter campaign for their new DX1000, which I think is just a bigger version of their existing D1000 bicycle lock. It cost me £200'ish as I was in the first pledging batch, and I'm expecting that to arrive in the spring.
I'm hoping that will help against the little shitbags wanting to help themselves to my stuff. I've got an Almax as well but it's a heavy old beast to carry around.
Always looking for ways to increase bike security. Sad that we have to go so far and spend so much to do so though?

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

As good as that lock maybe, if its not locked to something of equal quality then they'll use the angle grinder on that instead.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

RichH
Current Ride: TBC

Post by RichH »

Nice bike. How do they compare to the Tmax?

How does the dct feel etc?