Returning to the fold? (Maybe) Honda 350i range?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: Returning to the fold? (Maybe) Honda 350i range?

Post by Bingo »

Data wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:58 pm Although the engines are the same, on the SH, Forza & ADV, the ECU's have different software as I understand it. This means the speeds, acceleration & economy may be quite different. This software difference is due to differing weights of the bikes & slightly different uses anticipated for each model.
You would probably expect I think for general flying about country lanes, twisties and hills some of which might be a bit rough the ADV would be the best bet. I think I read that they are all a bit of a harsh ride though. As said. A test ride on all would be needed I think. Im not in a rush. May not even do it.

Nordboy
Current Ride: 23 xmax 300 techmax

Post by Nordboy »

Is it a Honda you particularly want? You have the XMax, the C400 range, Vespa, all around the same cc mark. I run a XMax 300 techmax, my lad has an ADV350. I've ridden them both, they're quite different to ride, but tbh, performance is very similar. As for build quality etc, again, both are really good quality. I slightly prefer mine because of the way it handles on the road, a bit more road bias, and the tech screen and nav etc (like a few gadgets) but the adv is a nice bit of kit as well. Saying that, my techmax was a bit more expensive than the adv because of the tech stuff. I would be happy owning either.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

"I like the SH being a step through like my vision but Im not so keen on the lack of weather protection (screen) and that big Honda Screen looks dreadful."

I found that the short screen with a cheap spoiler is the best solution. Absolutely love it.

Not the greatest pic I'm afraid!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

btw if you go onto YouTube, and search for videos by Mark Pulling - he's done video reviews on both the Forza and ADV (2 on the later I think). I find that his vids are better than most as he seems to give a decent impression of what each bike/scoot is like to ride. He was very impressed by the ADV if I recall correctly, seeming to think that the upgraded suspension made it a significant improvement over the Forza.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

The ADV350 handles brilliantly, the suspension is firm but really well damped and crashy. It's what you get for having showa suspension and forks.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

mottza wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:40 am The ADV350 handles brilliantly, the suspension is firm but really well damped and crashy. It's what you get for having showa suspension and forks.
Errm....'Crashy' sounds rather bad! Sounds like you have with a rubbish damper! Well Damped sounds better!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Meant not crashy πŸ™„
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

mottza wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:56 am Meant not crashy πŸ™„
Ah! That sounds better! :lol:

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Argyll wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 am "I like the SH being a step through like my vision but Im not so keen on the lack of weather protection (screen) and that big Honda Screen looks dreadful."

I found that the short screen with a cheap spoiler is the best solution. Absolutely love it.

Not the greatest pic I'm afraid!

That looks like a good compromise. Whats the buffeting like? I presume you see over the top of that one?

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

Bingo wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:50 pm Thanks for the replies. Im still undecided. I had two rides out on the Vstrom on Sunday. The first I was thinking get rid but I kind of recovered a bit of my mojo on the second. I think its only a matter of time though. I reckon all I can do is get down to Padgetts or anywhere that has all three as a demo (that could be tricky to find) and try them. Watched plenty of videos. I like the SH being a step through like my vision but Im not so keen on the lack of weather protection (screen) and that big Honda Screen looks dreadful. The screen on the Forza looks amazing thought but its bigger and heavier. Same goes for the ADV I guess.

I wonder if there is a smaller screen for the SH. Im going to guess that the SH will be a tad quicker than the other two being lighter and maybe easier to chuck about?
I've had a 390 Forza, sh300, adv350 and I'm currently on an sh350i.

Comfort wise believe it or not I've found the sh's the best. I tripped to France on the sh300 and had no comfort issues. The ADV is great but protection isn't good.

For the sh350i I got the Honda screen as the brackets come with it. Barn door, but absolute coverage. Givi do a screen which goes onto the Honda brackets which I have and is great but not enough for the winter. So I cut down the Honda tall screen by 45mm and no I can see over it easily but the wind goes over my head so visor-up motorway speeds is possible.

In terms of handling the sh is the most motorcycle-like. Really fun.