From a TMax to a Burgman 650

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

From a TMax to a Burgman 650

Post by Dr Gonzo »

After my last TMax was stolen, recovered and then written off due to the damage to it being thrown around in the back of a stolen van I'm back on powered two wheels.

It took me a while as the week after the TMax was stolen I broke a collarbone in a cycling accident.

After having two TMax stolen three times in the course of 12 months I decided there was no point in buying another, I simply don't need the constant street of worrying when it will get stolen again. Hence the decision to buy a Burgman 650. I picked up a 2017 Executive yesterday.

Now I'm sure it's very capable and my initial thoughts are that it's very comfy, it's certainly no TMax in terms of performance and grin factor. Then again I don't have to worry so much about thieving scum lifting it either.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: From a TMax to a Burgman 650

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, given its humungous weight, there is absolutely NO danger of anyone 'lifting' it! Even you if you drop it.....
It does the job, but as you say, it certainly lacks the Tmax's grin factor, especially when the roads get bad.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Congrats, you won't go far wrong with the 650. I've had two & even if you drop it you can actually pick it up without too much of an issue. It's heavy but the weight is all down very low so not as bad as you might think.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

If the B650 has the Bridgestone TH01 OEM tyres (or like for like replacement) I suggest swapping them out for Pirelli (can't recall tyre name Diablo Scoot possibly).

The Bridgestone are solid enough but even new they are squared off, the far more rounded profile Pirelli I put on to mine transformed speed of turn-in and made a hefalump much nimbler.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I can tell you they are not hard to pick up from experience. About five months ago I was going for a ride got on it kicked the sidestand up without thinking was putting my gloves on and realised I'd forgotten something and got off it forgetting about the stand I couldn't stop it going over so as I still had hold of it I lowered it down gently then picked up straight away, as I felt like an idiot :oops: , as you do. no damage I'm glad to say. Any way I hope you enjoy it as I always do.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I was sitting on a very nice white B650 in Bowen Motos (Chatham) yesterday, it was much lighter than my old K9 650 Burgman and easy to puch back.
Enjoy
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Dave Weller wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 pm I was sitting on a very nice white B650 in Bowen Motos (Chatham) yesterday, it was much lighter than my old K9 650 Burgman and easy to puch back.
Enjoy
Yes...towards the end Suzuki did put the B650 on a bit of a diet, whilst leaving the mechanical bits seemingly unchanged. However, I think this meant that the underseat space shrank - and the huge cavern that they used to have was one of the best things about it!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Yes…..as people say they are a lardy beast,i’ve owned plenty,despite the wieght its easy to get on the centre stand,no complaints from me about comfort,i’ve done many miles,including a week in Scotland,apart from the afore mentioned about the weight,service intervals could be longer 2 times a year for me at a dealer when i had mine,but i am a non-tinkering person,if you service your own machines that won’t be a problem,if they still made the big burger i am pretty sure i would own one……Enjoy

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Peanut
Current Ride: Burgman 650 Executive

Post by Peanut »

The big Burger is no slouch either just put it in power mode ( from a standing start not whilst going along ) and it will really surprise you.
Still has cavernous storage under the seat ( 50 litres ) and with the 2013 to 2018 range there where loads of changes to the design of the model ( ironing out all of the previous years weaknesses) I replaced the rear back rest with a 56 litre Givi Maxia 4 so lots of storage space on mine.
The Burgman 650 is a proper Maxi Scooter one which you can step through easily and not a bloody horse like the T Max.