Help -Betsy is dead-ish!

Lazydaisy
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 K7

Help -Betsy is dead-ish!

Post by Lazydaisy »

Went to ride the bike to work yesterday - not had her out for some weeks due to weather needing to go elsewhere after work etc etc but was quite surprised to find the bike wouldn't star :cry: t. THe usual swing of needles etc but on trying to start there was absolutely nothing. Didn't have time to muck about as had to get to work so asked hubby to put her on charge. He says a red light came on the optimate when he got it on but when I got home both lights were green. Left it on overnight and just gone and disconnected it and exactly the same thing. Lights etc all work but absolutely nothing when you try to start her. Any ideas? I really don't do self -service but there's no way I can get her to the garage as I have trouble moving her without the motor - I'm only a little gal! :?
Lazydaisy

Black Betsy - aka the stealth burger (Burgman 400 K7)
North Herts

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

rawiswaruk
Current Ride: fzs 600

Re: Help -Betsy is dead-ish!

Post by rawiswaruk »

is there a clicking when you try the start button? (coming from the battery compartment)
All my posts including the funny, silly and stupid are Copyrighted

Lazydaisy

Post by Lazydaisy »

I feel very very small........been going through the user manual - useless bit of rubbish that it is and finally saw the 'if CHEC shows check the engine stop switch is turned to 'go symbol'......... bloody cats/cover whatever had rocked the switch! I'd been out again checking that the side stand was up etc!

Thank goodness for that... now I'd better go and put some fuel in and take her for a run before those forecast dreadful gales sweep in tonight!

Thanks for the suggestion - I couldn't understand why there was no sound - nothing! Anyway happy happy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lazydaisy

North Herts

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Ethel Biscuit
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K8

Post by Ethel Biscuit »

"The Kill Switch" :lol:

"An old, but remarkably long lived classic. Will entertain for years to come." (Motorcycle Movie News)
"Is this correct: Ethel is a big tosser?" ~~ Ginger Phil
"Only 1% of your posts have been of any use." ~~ Ginger Phil

http://hundovir.deviantart.com/gallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lazydaisy

Post by Lazydaisy »

Ethel Biscuit wrote:"The Kill Switch" :lol:

"An old, but remarkably long lived classic. Will entertain for years to come." (Motorcycle Movie News)

Yes indeed :oops: - it won't get me again...... unless the memory gets even worse! Have had a nice run but I wish I'd put on the winter gloves my tiny hands were frozen after 30 mins. :? Forecast for tomorrow is foul so I'll tuck her up again.

Lazyd - bike killer extraordinaire!!!!
Lazydaisy

North Herts

paula4u
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400AN K8

Post by paula4u »

Sitting here reading some old posts and had a bit of a giggle on this one, first day I had a burgman 2003, at the first services I pulled in for a break up near Glasgow, little gall thought she had bought a dud bike 1 hours before.. kill switch.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...... never forgot it again.. ;-)
ooops another Burgman AN400 K8 again and...
YAMAHA VIRAGO DX535 AND XV250
Suzuki SV650S
Skoda Octavia is for lazy driving
Past Bikes: Honda S-Wing 125, Suzuki Burgman 400AN K3, Yamaha YBR125ED, Burgman AN400 K8

gn2

Post by gn2 »

When I were a lad back in the 350LC days, a great trick we used to play was to ride alongside and flick your mate's kill switch.