MAG Demo 25 Sept. Ugly Bunch at Birch Services

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

MAG Demo 25 Sept. Ugly Bunch at Birch Services

Post by Liam »

Don't bother with the first bit. All boring motorbikes. :lol:
Go straight to 3m30 for an amazing sight! :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deleted User 62

Re: MAG Demo 25 Sept. Ugly Bunch at Birch Services

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Whoo Hooo!..Ugly Bunch on tour! rock-on.gif
Did not think they would put some scoots in a bike demo vid!.

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

Found some more scooters. Think this is Sylar at the front 3.13 and a few Vespas at 3.58

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know!! I've obviously got too much time on my hands!

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Muppets in Stereo!
(first link)

For anybody interested that wasn't there, In ride order:
Me, Frank, Liam, Clive, Mark (Horobags) and Colin - arriving at Birch from the N. Manchester Bike Show
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Oh yes Liam i was there, right up with the leaders and showing the flag for Maxi Scooters. :D :D

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

good links Liam , it brought it all back to me, especially the vespa GTS rider with the blue high heels,, :D :D , cheers mate.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

nice one liam thumb.gif it is nearly as goodas my video on Youtube :lol:
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

Thanks a lot lads for alienating all bikers in the eyes of other road users. Would the typical car driver know what the heck it was all about so be even slightly sympathetic? I doubt it. They probably have never heard of MAG.
Why protest about EU rules by spoiling other road users leisure journeys around the UK on a Sunday?
It also cost a lot of police time which is also costly. That will be recouped by reducing their street presence at other times. Really useful!

Strikes me it was just an excuse for people who like to think they are normal and law abiding to go out and be a bit of a rebel for the afternoon. There must be a more effective way of bringing bikers point of view to the attention of the relevant body. Just because the French truckers block roads to ports doesn't mean it is a good way of focussing attention for every problem elsewhere. It works for them because it directly stops all trade in and out of their country so hits government income immediately therefore grabs their attention.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Yeah! I'm Rebel without a clutch
rock-on.gif
TmaX9 wrote: Strikes me it was just an excuse for people who like to think they are normal and law abiding to go out and be a bit of a rebel for the afternoon.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

TmaX9 wrote:Thanks a lot lads for alienating all bikers in the eyes of other road users. Would the typical car driver know what the heck it was all about so be even slightly sympathetic? I doubt it. They probably have never heard of MAG.
Why protest about EU rules by spoiling other road users leisure journeys around the UK on a Sunday?
It also cost a lot of police time which is also costly. That will be recouped by reducing their street presence at other times. Really useful!

Strikes me it was just an excuse for people who like to think they are normal and law abiding to go out and be a bit of a rebel for the afternoon. There must be a more effective way of bringing bikers point of view to the attention of the relevant body. Just because the French truckers block roads to ports doesn't mean it is a good way of focussing attention for every problem elsewhere. It works for them because it directly stops all trade in and out of their country so hits government income immediately therefore grabs their attention.
I partly agree , it probably wasn't the best idea. I think I said to Clive, all it would do would be to annoy a lot of car drivers. But I don't think the typical car driver has much sympathy anyway.
But then, what would you recommend? Blockade the ports? Get national attention that way, I suppose!
We were right at the back and bunked off on our own after 10 mins so that was the only rebellious thing we did.

People are always inconvenienced, when people demonstrate. But I don't think they were held up that long. No more than the 7 mile queue caused by a pile up near J30 M1, on my way home.
Also, I didn't expect the police to block all the roads off,to be honest.
When the 3 million go on strike in November, for pension rights far in excess of anything I will get. It will be my turn to be a bit miffed!