MAG Demo 25 Sept. Ugly Bunch at Birch Services

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: MAG Demo 25 Sept. Ugly Bunch at Birch Services

Post by Waldorf »

Haven't seen anything in the Nation Press although I haven't checked all the papers.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Here's a link to some National news reporting, Mike:

http://news.google.co.uk/news/more?q=bi ... CC4QqgIwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The majority of rides went to plan, with a steady stream of lots of bikes, not blocking the routes but providing a noticeable spectacle for those passing in cars.

The peaceful nature of the protests has been noted and applauded by many authorities and many rides were attended by MPs, including the one I was on (Mike Weatherley MP)

Well done to all involved, you can be proud of yourselves. :D

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

There was a story about the M6 M55 in the Lancashire Evening Post and on the website a shorter version where readers can leave comments. A few were supportive from part time bikers, or ex bikers sympathetic to the cause but these 2 were typical responses from 'normal' car drivers...

While I can understand the reason this was done, I think what was done was inconsiderate to other motorists. People could have been late for medical appointments, picking their kids up from nursery or school? It's not actually impacted the people who have come up with these new proposals in any shape or form.

Bikers need to get real here,do they honestly think this statement is going to help thier cause..Quote "Biickers are't like other motorists they like to tinker with their machines"......Well useing this info i think the police will be doing us all a favour stop checking more bikes for road worthyness,also these 'tinkered with bikes' should be checked to see if said tinkering has voided the owners insurance.

I just feel that generally amongst other road users, the ones we would ideally like to take more care around us, that we just wind up and annoy with such protests. While it might help win the 'war', as a group we shoot ourselves in the foot in the process.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

TBH Dave those sort of comments were always going to come out. If it didn't "mildly annoy" a few folk you wouldn't know it had happened.On the other hand more radical thinkers were saying that not enough disruption was caused to make a valid point.

The rides generally didn't inconvenience many people for very long and in that I think the balance was absolutely cock-on. Car drivers I spoke to in Brighton (I should have taken the bloody MAG T shirt off!) were quite curious as to what was going on, impressed tat te local MP was involved and generally supportive. If only a few of those that were mildly inconvenienced checked out the news or asked around to find out what was happening and why then it has to be a good thing overall.

Our local press had the same sort of comments as those you quoted though, including one driver who said in all seriousness that the most annoying aspect was having to keep constantly checking his mirrors and in front of him in case he hit a motorcycle....one wonders how he normally drives! :lol:

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Here's a link to some National news reporting, Mike:

Thank you, kind sir!

Only two Nationals. :(
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

I'd be curious to know how many took part in setting off from Birch Services M62 if anybody comes acroos the info.

It was certainly the biggest group I ever rode with.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1