Another muppet in tag mag!

For members who own little scooters.
bioshock!

Another muppet in tag mag!

Post by bioshock! »

Back in March i posted about having to moving my xmax out of the garden and making a ground anchor to fit into the car park. i was well pleased with it as i could drop the six foot of chain back into the box section instead of carrying it under my seat, i sent this idea off to twist & go magazine about two months ago and on thursday i got a parcel through the post with a oxford backpack :) which made my day after a crap day at work. i went into town today and bought the magazine and sure enough i got the star letter, i know twist and go is'nt that popular with us because its full of 50cc scooters, but you do get the odd maxi in there, this month there's a feature on the kymco downtown 300,

[URL=http://imageshack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hanzo1974
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda VRF1200FD

Re: Another muppet in tag mag!

Post by Hanzo1974 »

Well done :)

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Neat idea :)
How deep is the box section?
What happens if you drop the chain end down the hole?

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

bioshock!

Post by bioshock! »

It's about 18'' deep and I've never had a problem so far, I always unchain my xmax then fasten the lock & chain then drop it back down inside...

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Are you going to get all snooty now that you are famous are you?

Nice one.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

bioshock!

Post by bioshock! »

Bluebottle wrote:Are you going to get all snooty now that you are famous are you?

Nice one.
no, no... it wont change me...still joe bloggs.. :lol: , this is the second time my letter has won in tag,, last time i won a helmet, looking back though my first contraption was a bit over the top... i'd just started out into scootering and bought a new cygnus x and was so worried about it being nicked

bumblebeetuna
Current Ride: Vespa GTS250

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Nice ideas but personally the thought of your contraptions scratching your bikes makes my toes curl, still a few scratches is better than no bike

bioshock!

Post by bioshock! »

bumblebeetuna wrote:Nice ideas but personally the thought of your contraptions scratching your bikes makes my toes curl, still a few scratches is better than no bike
Yes I take your point, it's not ideal but there was only a few scratchs on the footboard silver trim on the Cygnus, and as for the xmax the chain sleeving leaves no marks at all after seven months. I commute to work and accept that my xmax is going to get the odd scuff anyway

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Nice idea with the box section... any details?

bioshock!

Post by bioshock! »

XMax250Paul wrote:Nice idea with the box section... any details?
..well buy the issue of twist & go. :lol: i started out with a 150x150mm box section @ 18 inches long, i got it from a steel stockholder.. offcut for a tenner, i used a 20mm holesaw to drill a hole through the box section about 50mm centre from one end. i got hold of a 20mm x 180mm solid bar and welded it in place,
i got a 155x155 x 4mm steel plate and a hinge and welded them in place to make a cover plate, i also welded a plate on the bottom but left a gap for any rainwater.
I welded some scrap 10mm bar across the post to secure it the concrete.
got it powder coated then set about digging a hole through the block paving.. with some funny looks from my nieghbour, another story :evil: , here it is..

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage