Hello from Fife

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
crofty
Current Ride: Forza 300

Hello from Fife

Post by crofty »

My name is Steve and i have always had bikes. I'm 70 now and have been retired 10 years. I usually run 2 bikes, one of which i run through the winter and the other usually my newish tourer goes off the road in October. last winter i was really feeling the cold on my Royal Enfield Himalayan, esp my legs and feet, i had a heated jacket which took care of the upper body and heated grips but couldn't keep my lower half warm.
Anyway i hit on the idea of a scooter for the extra protection i think it might provide. i was originally going to try a few come September and decide but having time on my hands with the Covid crisis i took the plunge and bought a 2015 Honda Forza 300 with 25k and a good service history.
I only got it yesterday and had a 70 mile ride to try it out. i like the seat with the almost backrest feel of the middle hump and the feet forward position is comfy for me. I had a good look round it today and its doesn't look to difficult to do basic maintenance but you can't beat the specialized knowledge you get on a forum like this.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Hello from Fife

Post by bikerdezzie »

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking and mileage? Mines up for sale in Newcastle with just over 6k miles, full honda service history and a 2013 model in white for 2350 ono but ones i have seen with more miles for more money but so far not much interest probably being too far North as nobody wants to travel for one.

Welcome by the way.
Dezzie

crofty
Current Ride: Forza 300

Re: Hello from Fife

Post by crofty »

Hi
I paid 2000, seemed about the going rate. Its done 25k as stated above. I have had Hondas in the past that i've done high mileages on so reckoned it should be ok for a bit more. Think its maybe not the best time to sell with this virus going round.