Hello from Durham UK.

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
AL8
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman

Hello from Durham UK.

Post by AL8 »

Hi folks, I have just taken delivery of a 2009 Suzuki Burgman 400, Its my first maxi scooter.... I am looking forward to putting some miles in. Hope to see some of you out on the roads.

Regards AL :geek:

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Re: Hello from Durham UK.

Post by Whatsisname »

Hello! Obviously a man of taste and discernment!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

AL8

Post by AL8 »

Whatsisname wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm Hello! Obviously a man of taste and discernment!
Hahaha my wife would disagree! As for the Burgman it seems to fit the bill, thanks for the welcome.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Welcome, nice looking Burger, depending on your height you may benefit from a vario deflector on the OEM screen.

Do you plan to DIY service it's not difficult once you're used to the plastics removal.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Welcome to the forum :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

AL8

Post by AL8 »

poldark wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:09 am Welcome, nice looking Burger, depending on your height you may benefit from a vario deflector on the OEM screen.

Do you plan to DIY service it's not difficult once you're used to the plastics removal.
Thanks for the welcome, I am 6' tall... I find the screen to be ok? I also ride BMW R1200gs which has a small screen but I will look into the vario deflector. I plan on DIY servicing, that is a big part of ownership for me. It has had a recent service so I have give it a wipe over with a oily rag, checked the levels, blew the tyres up and replaced a few plastic push clip/rivets. I will ride it until its MOT and give it a good service then.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Welcome. You may also want consider the Givi Airflow screen for your Burger. It’s the best bit of kit I’ve fitted to mine and it’s also relatively low cost. A K&N air filter on the 400 makes a difference too. Other than that just ride and enjoy the benefits, stay safe.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

welcome.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

If your on Facebook there are a few locals to potter round with who are in this group, rideouts etc when its safe for all to do so.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3737744 ... ?ref=share
Dezzie

AL8

Post by AL8 »

Stibbs wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:23 pm Welcome. You may also want consider the Givi Airflow screen for your Burger. It’s the best bit of kit I’ve fitted to mine and it’s also relatively low cost. A K&N air filter on the 400 makes a difference too. Other than that just ride and enjoy the benefits, stay safe.
Thanks for the welcome, I will see how I get on with the standard screen... If i dont I will be sure to check out the Givi Airflow screen.
horobags wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:37 amwelcome.
Thanks.
bikerdezzie wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:11 am If your on Facebook there are a few locals to potter round with who are in this group, rideouts etc when its safe for all to do so.
<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/3737744 ... ?ref=share" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>facebook</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>groups</span><span>/</span><span>373774443231376</span><span>/?</span><span>ref</span><span>=</span><span>share</span></a>
I will defenatly check the group out.