Hi from Geordieland

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
sawdrl
Current Ride: Tmax

Hi from Geordieland

Post by sawdrl »

Hi All,

Just added a 2002 Tmax to my stable............its rather pleasant ! Only 18k miles, decent history, rides really well, however the original screen is truly manky, as we say up here in the far Norfff.

Can anyone point me in the right direct for instructions on how to remove the screen please ? I've stared at it for a long time, loosened two screws on either side, poked at it a bit, stared at it a bit more and still I'm perplexed. Can't even find any vids on youtube to help me out, so its over to the collective wisdom of Maxi-Muppets.

HELP !!!!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Hi from Geordieland

Post by bikerdezzie »

Normally a y panel pops off the front it has a screw under the nose of it then you prise off each corner after lifting nose away carefully least thats how its done on the mk2 and similar to later models. We have a facebook maxi scooter group up here too as i am in Newcastle as are a few more and spread out from here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3737744 ... ?ref=share
Dezzie

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

sawdrl wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:29 am Hi All,

Just added a 2002 Tmax to my stable............its rather pleasant ! Only 18k miles, decent history, rides really well, however the original screen is truly manky, as we say up here in the far Norfff.

Can anyone point me in the right direct for instructions on how to remove the screen please ? I've stared at it for a long time, loosened two screws on either side, poked at it a bit, stared at it a bit more and still I'm perplexed. Can't even find any vids on youtube to help me out, so its over to the collective wisdom of Maxi-Muppets.

HELP !!!!
Welcome. Have a look on Fowler's Parts web page . There's really useful schematic drawings free to view.
Keep us updated.
Cheers
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

sawdrl
Current Ride: Tmax

Post by sawdrl »

Managed to get it sorted myself..........easy peasy really !!!!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Welcome :)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.