Hi from Cornwall

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
JacktheLad
Current Ride: Honda Silverwing

Hi from Cornwall

Post by JacktheLad »

Hi
I'm Martin from Cornwall.

I've just sold my RE Himalayan and bought a bog standard 2014 Silverwing in good nick with FSH, but high-ish mileage. Himmy is a great bike, but probably like many who find themselves on scooters, I just couldn't get my leg over any more.

Only done a couple of rides on the scooter and I'm surprised by how normal it feels. Only scooter Ive ever ridden before was my sons' shared Vespa et4 50 about 10 years ago - like riding a supermarket trolley.

I was also surprised by the vibration under load after the smoothness of the Himalayan (yes really!). I guess that's a feature of parallel twins, not a problem. It smooths out everywhere else and seems pretty comfy at least for the hour I've done so far as my longest leg of a ride. I like the extra bit of power too, not too much but enough to get safely round some of the more frustrating traffic queues that sit just below the speed limit.

I don't have any issues (yet) to post about and probably no useful advice to share, so I'll likely just be lurking for a while, while I get to 'know' you all.

Stay safe

Martin

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Hi from Cornwall

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi, welcome to our forum 😁
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Welcome to the forum and lets see some pics.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.