Burgerman from Bolton

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Bassman54
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman AN400 K2

Burgerman from Bolton

Post by Bassman54 »

Hi fellow muppets.
I'm Steve from Bolton but don't tell anyone.
I've not been on 2 wheels for 20 years or more but decided it was time to get myself a scooter.
Bought a low'ish miles Burgman AN400 K2 on a 2003 plate. I drove it 30 miles on motorway to get it home, then went for a little ride around my local area when all of a sudden it started backfiring and hesitating. Finally died.
Got my van and my son and towed it home.
So it stunk of rotten eggs and the battery was basically melting. Also it had blown every bulb on the bike.
After reading a bit on the Burgmanusa forum I realised it was the rectifier that had gone wrong and cooked the battery. Fortunately I had another rectifier from a Piaggio 125 that I was doing as a project (same part number)
Put rectifier in and new battery but still had nothing on the starter. To say I was a bit pigged off would be an understatement. Anyway, after more reading I noticed it had a thing called a safety relay, somewhere near the icu, which on most Burgmans seems to be behind the headlight. Not mine. I basically had to take the whole bike to bits to get to it under the luggage compartment !!!
After testing it with a multi tester I realised it was shot. Ordered a replacement online which arrived today.
Clipped it in and it fired up straight away. YAY.
So I've changed the engine oil, topped up the gear oil and spent the rest of the day putting it all back together.
I have been for a few test drives in the wind and rain and now here we are. Knackered, aching back, another day older and a lot wiser. But best of all, BACK on 2 wheels :D

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: Burgerman from Bolton

Post by richie the 1st »

Hello to you up north from south,if you want look up on facebook [not on there] preston chicken chassers they do a ride out every Thursday.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Kitch webb
Current Ride: Kawasaki j300

Post by Kitch webb »

Hi!
Ugg :!:

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi and welcome :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...