Peugeot Satelis 2 400RS new to forum

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
john-321
Current Ride: Peugeot Satelis 2 400RS

Peugeot Satelis 2 400RS new to forum

Post by john-321 »

Hi, I have just joined the forum

I just got a Satelis 2 400i RS (I rode it 200 miles home yesterday so I'm aching a bit today!)

I have had dozens of bikes over the years but my first scooter was a Mk 1 Satelis 500 with the Piaggio engine, a few years ago. I thought it was brilliant, very comfortable for me and I loved the convenience of the big 'boot'. I know the build quality is perhaps is not as high as with some other manufacturers but I don't do many miles so I was not so bothered about that.

After a couple of years I swapped to a Gilera Fuoco which I think had the same engine but the extra weight made it feel a bit slow and heavy to me. So I bought a TDM 900 Yamaha, I have used it on and off for a couple of years but I kept thinking I shouldn't have sold the Satelis! So I have now sold the TDM and bought this.

I understand the MK2 Satelis now has Peugeot's own engine like they use in the Metropolis? Anyway my first impression is that it feels a bit smoother than my old 500, just as fast at higher speeds but the 500 maybe had a bit more grunt low down. Mine is 2015, it has only done 5,000 miles so apart from a good clean I don't think it needs much doing. The only issues I have is that there are a couple of 'unconnected' block connectors under the saddle which I would like to identify and also - sometimes - when pulling off from tickover, the engine hesitates/stutters for a split second then accelerates away normally (and tips gratefully received!).

I think these are quite unusual bikes but I would be interested to hear from any other owners or anyone who knows anything about the Mk 2 Satelis/Metropolis engine.

John

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Peugeot Satelis 2 400RS new to forum

Post by StephenC »

I had 3 Satelis 250 but never a Mark 2 - they dropped ABS on all but the 125 so I just couldn't bring myself to ride one.

And now 3X are bust I wonder if getting parts will be an issue?

Sorry to not be helpful, especially since i was a flag waver for the big Pugs for many years. I think the Metropolis was the biggest waste of investment they made, ruining the company - but that's just my opinion.

According to howmanyleft you own one of just 3 in the country.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

oblong
Current Ride: Satelis

Post by oblong »

Hi Ive got a Peugeot Satelis 2 400 (not the RS model)
I like it a lot. It handles great. Breaks are bit over spec for bike.
However low rpm running is lumpy. Great above 40mph.
I dont have nay fault codes coming up and latest software has been downloaded by dealer.

I wonder if there is a ECU kit (like a power commander I had on injection motorbikes)??

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...