Hello from Solihull

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Hello from Solihull

Post by Data »

Welcome "New" meldrew. The old one was errr...strange! He managed to pee off most folks at sometime or other. Didn't know he had left. Hope to have many engaging chats with you, and you never know, we may even meet on a rideout one day!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

Hello Mr Meldrew, I too am a Burgman 400 owner. Mine was in pristine condition when I bought it second hand ~ 4 yeas ago but it is somewhat battle-scarred now. It's only cosmetic stuff though, I've maintained it as best I can and it still runs great.

If you ever fancy a meet-up for a chat or a ride out please give me a shout.

Tom.

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

meldrew wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:34 pm Thanks Guys, sorry about the name but i don't bang on about push bikes, Bettys, or MZ, so meldrew mk.2.
I have got in depth knowledge of times when you could have a haircut for a shilling, gallon of petrol for half a crown, mini skirts
,  drain pipes and DA haircuts, but would not bore you with the details.
Looking for a Parka with a roundel on the back!!

Sounds like you and I are of a similar vintage.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Hello Meldrew,

Nice to hear from you in Solihull where I worked at Land Rover for many years in the late '70 and early '80s. I am also a confirmed petrolhead and I have somehow managed to fit 3 two wheelers and 2 four wheelers in and around my small domain. I have never owned a Burgman 400 but I do have the distinction of having blown one up when I had it as a compensatory long term loan from a dealer. They used it as a hack and I don't think it had had any kind of service in 20,000 miles. I never found out why it had come to a noisy halt but I suspect the belt had shredded and jammed the transmission. I'm sure you will have better luck and take better care too.

Best wishes.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...